Chapter 1

Anabia's POV

"Anabia,wake up! Did you forget about Falak's wedding?" My mother questioned as she pulled the duvet off me.

Ya Allah, how could I forget my best friend's wedding day? I mentally groaned and checked the time. It was almost 12 in the afternoon and I had to go to her place by 2. I quickly got up and took a warm shower. After shower,I got dressed and tied my hair into a tight ponytail.

***

Falak and I have been friends since 1st grade. I was the shy kid who would sit alone on the last bench and eat her tiffin, everybody thought I was a nerd and once there was this guy who made fun of me because I was completing the homework in recess and Falak stood up for me at that time.

Since then, we always sat together and well, we became good friends. Being in contact with a school friend is a rare case, and hence I consider myself lucky that my school bestfriend is still my bestfriend.

And now, today as I sit besides my bestfriend as her bridesmaid, I couldn't help but be awed by how universe works in mysterious and magical ways.

Dressed in a fully lined baby pink gown and a matching hijab and golden wedges, I felt beautiful.

What can I say, good dress and hair day makes every girl beautiful.

***

After Falak's rukhsati, as she sat in Danish bhai, her husband's car, I waved her a last goodbye as the car zoomed out of the driveway.

"Anabia?" My mom questioned as my father started driving.

"Yes, ammi?"

"Your best friend got married. What about you now?"

"Ammi!" I whined.  "I already said I don't wanna get married. I don't wanna leave you both"

"Beta, you have to get married someday." My dad spoke now.

"Someday" I pointed out. "Not now, right?" I grinned.

My dad just shook his head and chuckled at me. The comfortable silence in the car was back.

After we reached home, I changed into my PJ's and soon, sleep engulfed me.

I'm so satisfied and happy with my life.