Chapter 5

Anabia's POV

Have you ever woke up in that zombie state where you don't know what day or time is it? Well, I just woke up in that zombie state. It took me a minute to get back to earth. The clock showed 4:30am. I didn't wanted to go back to sleep so I got up and went to the bathroom. I made my wudhu and prayed Tahajjud.

After Tahajjud, I asked Allah to show me the right path and guide me since my life is such a mess right now. It is said that dua made after praying Tahajjud is like an arrow which never misses it's Target. Suddenly yesterday's events came into my mind.

I have nothing to do with you.

Don't you have any self-respect?

Stay out of my life.

You are a gold digger!

Tears started to blind my vision but I quickly wiped them away and went to the balcony. There was still some time for fajr and it was still dark.

I don't know why but I have always loved night time more than the day time. Also, I had a huge craze for stars when I was a kid. I loved stars. Star-shaped earrings, Star-shaped pendants,stickers of stars. The theme of my room was stars too.

And I still love stars. And maybe now I know the reason too.

Because they shine bright. Even if they are surrounded by darkness. And I have always wanted to adapt that characteristic of star.

But I guess it's in the human nature to go all sad and gloomy when surrounded by a silly problem.

I was broken from my chain of thoughts by the soothing sound of the Azaan. It always tends to calm my nerves.

I prayed fajr. By the time I was done,it was 5:15am. I decided to read Quran for some time. It was 6:30 when I kept the Quran back to it's shelf. It was 7:15am when I got myself ready for the day.

I went out of the room to find Shahina in the kitchen preparing breakfast. She greeted me with her salam and I replied back.

"Need help?" I asked.

"It's almost done,Ma'am" She said.

"Anabia. Call me Anabia." I didn't like when someone called me 'mam'. Like I mean I am no superior than them. We are all same.

"Okay Ma- I mean Anabia" She smiled.

There were eggs and tea. I helped her in setting table.

"Did you have your breakfast?" I asked Shahina.

"Yes. I had it early in the morning."

"Okay. Keep me company then." I said and she responded with an 'okay'. We were getting to know each other when I heard the front door opening and closing indicating that Zain left for work.

After breakfast,I thought of going for a moderate walk for about 15mins. I quickly put my burkha/abaya on,grabbed my phone and went to a nearby park.

The same park where I met Mr.Hussain Siddiqui.

I walked for 15mins and then sat on a bench. People looked so carefree here. There were young teenage couples creating life-long memories and children playing and running around like there is no tomorrow. I was about to head back home when I saw a flower shop. There was no one inside except a middle-aged lady. It seemed like she owned it and worked alone.

Instead of getting bored at home,how about I do something productive?

With that thought,I entered the flower shop.