Maxon

I wake to the face of a beautiful angel. I at first worry, but then I begin to focus on the woman. Her beautiful red hair is swirling around her face, and then she whispers, "Maxon." in the most tender voice. She wraps her arms around me and starts to cry into my shoulder. I wrap my uninjured arm around her, still confused. Then, I hear a loud commotion, and the angel draws away. I then get a good look of her face, and whisper, "America. It's you."

Then the stampede comes in. Three small children around the corner and rush to my bedside. The girl has tears streaming down her face, and next to her, the two boys are silently sniffling.

"Eady, it's alright, sweetie. I'm fine." I say, using absolutely all my strength to lift up the crying child.

She hugs me tightly, and murmurs, "I'm so sorry, Daddy. I lost control. I didn't mean to. I just... you're the best man I know. I need to be like you. I'm sorry."

I hug her back, and I feel a sharp pain in my side that I ignore.

I then look to the boys and scoop one up in each arm.

"My strong boys. How are you?"

"Scared." Kaden mumbles.

"I was... um... strong." Ahren lies.

"Well, I bet you were both strong. Did you take care of business for me? Sign my documents?" I joke.

Kaden's eyes widen in fear. "We were supposed to do your work? I'm sorry Daddy..."

"I'm just joking, Kaden. You did all you needed to do."

All of my family embraces me and I'm in enormous amounts of pain, but I ignore it.