Chapter Sixty-One: Waking Jordie Up

Start from the beginning

"Jordie?" Five asked quietly from the doorway. "Am I allowed to turn around now?"

Jordan flinched a little before facing Fives back. "Yeah. It'd be great if you could help me walk."

"Alright." Five said, and he turned to face the boy. He moved across the bedroom rather fast, although he winced as he did so. Wrapping an arm around Jordan's waist, the two started forwards.

They made it to the top of the stairs before Luther showed up.

"Do you want me to just carry you?" He crossed his arms, staring at both of them with narrowed eyes.

Five and Jordan exchanged looks. "I mean, sure thing." Five smirked and held out his arms. Luther scowled and picked his brother up, throwing him gently over his shoulder. Once they had arrived at the bottom of the stairs, he dropped Five on the floor and took the steps two at a time. Jordan grinned at the blond boy and winked.

"Well, if all my dreams aren't coming true right now!" He giggled as Luther picked him up considerably nicer than he did Five. Klaus, Ben, and Allison appeared from the attic and all laughed at Luther.

"Man, I wish I had a camera!" Klaus said.

Luther flipped him off and went down the stairs, followed by his siblings.

Jordan was set down next to Five, who immediately wrapped his arm back around his waist. Klaus caught his eye and gave him a Look, making Jordans cheeks heat up.

"Where's Ron?" Jordan asked as they hobbled towards the kitchen.

"I think he's right there, but I don't know. Not like I've got eyes or anything." Klaus shrugged and pointed to the table, where both Ron and Tate sat drinking tea.

"Jordie!" Ron screamed, leaping from his seat and racing around the table, barreling into his brother. Fives arm left his waist and Jordan winced as they stumbled backwards, his leg screaming.

"Hey, Ron." Jordan enclosed his brother in his arms, shoving his face into his hair. Ron smelled like he normally did—like honey and lemon drops. How he smelled like that, Jordan had to fucking clue. But he did, and it was such a comfort that Jordan nearly cried.

"You got stabbed?" Ron said, voice muffled. Tate had stood up and was patiently waiting next to Ben.

"Well, only a little."

"'Only a little'?" Tate exclaimed. "How the hell do you get stabbed only a little?!"

Jordan hesitated. "When, y'know, the knife is small?"

Tate groaned and stormed out of the kitchen, his footsteps echoing upstairs. Jordan and everyone else watched him go, the awkwardness descending like a fog.

"I'll go after him!" Klaus exclaimed, moving forwards only to he stopped by a hand.

"That," Ben said. "Is a terrible idea."

Klaus pouted. "That's rude."

"I'll go," said Ben, ignoring his brother. He followed the route Tate had taken, ascending away into the upstairs.

Once Ben had disappeared from sight, a switch flicked. Ron suddenly stepped away from his brother, anger clouding his features.

"Jordan Arthur Reel, what the heck where you doing with superheroes hiding in the damn attic? Why the hell didn't you tell me? How long have they been there?"

"Your middle name is Arthur?" Klaus snickered.

"We were only there about a week," Allison said. "And we can explain everything else, I promise."

Ron gave her a skeptical look. His eyes skimmed over them all, resting on Jordan.

"Fine." He said through gritted teeth. "Let's sit down."

The group went to the kitchen; Klaus sat on the counter while Jordan, Five, Allison and Ron day at the table. Luther leaned against the wall next to the back door, scowling as they told their story to yet another person.

~{}~

Ben sighed. He loved Klaus, yes, but he didn't do well when presented with cute people having emotions. So, by default, sending Klaus after a clearly upset Tate would end badly.

"Tate?" Ben called out, poking his head into Jordans bedroom. No one was in there. From downstairs, Ron shouted something about superhero's.

"Tate, are you up there?" Ben took the steps two-at-a-time to the attic. After a moment, he determined the room to be empty.

The bathroom was clear; the closet held nothing. A quick peek into the moms room (it smelled heavily of weed and vodka, with clothes thrown everywhere and several small baggies of white powder rested on the dresser) to make sure that he hadn't run off into the off-limits room. Sighing, Ben headed into Ron's room.

"Tate?" He said aloud. No one replied. Ben sighed again, glancing at the open window.

Remembering Klaus, who had crawled easily onto the window, Ben went over to it and stuck his hand through the screen-less rectangle.

He leaned his head out and there, leaning against the house, was Tate.

"Uh, hi," Ben coughed. Tate flinched slightly before turning his head to look at him.

"Hey," He said. Ben smiled softly and crawled out onto the roof, scooting carefully until he was next to Tate. Their feet where touching, a chilly breeze drifting over them.

"What're you looking at?" Ben asked. Tate shrugged and pointed up at the sky, where a sprinkling of stars floated. "Oh. That's pretty."

"Yeah, it is. You know, my sister and I used to go stargazing. She's studying to be an astrophysicist. She loves the sky. The stars."

"That's cool." Ben said. Tate looked at him.

"Why did you follow me? We're not even friends."

Ben shrugged. "Well, we had to make sure you were okay. Klaus wanted to follow you, but I think he would've just tried to kiss you."

Tate snorted in laughter. "I probably would've let him. He's not exactly lacking in the looks department. But, y'know, I've got a boyfriend." He smiled.

"Tell me about him." Ben brought his knees up to his chest. "What's this boyfriend like?"

Tate paused and then started talking.

The two sat on the roof long after the group downstairs finished explaining to Ron everything he asked. By the time Saturday rolled around, both boys throats were dry and their fingers were cold.

When Ron came up into his room at around two in the morning, he took one look at them and told them be quiet before going to bed.

It was a long, long night. But Saturday was even longer.

A/N:
W O W  ANOTHER UPDATE???
my friends keep telling me to stop updating this when i get sad but they aren't my mom so haha
anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter (that honestly doesn't make much sense + was badly written) and that you have/had a lovely day!!!!!