"Hyung!" Jimin smacked Yoongi's shoulder.

"I was kidding! Let's just retrace our steps and see if we can find him that way."

<3

They eventually found him curled up into a ball, sobbing as he sat on the dirty bricks, only a few minutes away from the Kim's house.

"Taehyung!" Yoongi cried, crouching down to squeeze the life out of the crying boy.

"Y-you left m-me and I was l-lost and it w-was dark a-and cold and-and scary!"

"Let's get you home, Taetae," Jimin said, lifting the younger, trying to get him to stand up.

They got to the house and rang the doorbell, forgetting that they snuck out.

"My babies!" Mrs. Kim grabbed the three children and pulled them out of the cold and into the house before smothering them into a large bear hug that left the three gasping for oxygen.

The woman's worried expression shifted to a stern one, and Yoongi was suddenly reminded of his own mother.

He began to cry.

"Oh, sweetie, it's okay, it's okay," Mrs. Kim sighed. Seeing both of her children in tears was making her emotional too.

Mrs. Kim glanced over at Jimin, who seemed to be the only child not about to have a mental breakdown. "Let's just sit down, and Jiminie can tell me what happened."

"Well, we were bored, so we snuck out to go play in the park, but then Taetae got lost! So then we found him, and he was crying because he doesn't like the dark. . . . or being lost. So then, we found the house and you let us in, then you said in a really high pitched voice, 'My babies!'" Jimin imitated Mrs. Kim's voice before continuing, "Then you crushed my ribs and made Yoongi cry because he's tiny," Jimin giggled, earning a smack from Yoongi, "Then you made us sit on the couch and told me to tell you what happened, and I did."

"Thank you, Jimin," Mrs. Kim laughed before saying, "Well, you little crybabies need some sleep. I'll send Jimin home after I tuck you into bed, okay?"

Yoongi and Taehyung nodded in sync, and she had to stifle another laugh.

"I can just walk home, Auntie," Jimin smiled and Mrs. Kim gasped.

"Goodness no, it's freezing! Where do you live, dear?"

"He lives next to Mrs. Lee," Taehyung sniffled before smiling, remembering the last time he'd met Mrs. Lee.

Mrs. Lee was the Kims' neighbor, a sweet old lady who was very deaf. Once, Mrs. Kim sent Taehyung to give the elderly woman her mail, which was mistakenly delivered to their house instead.

After nearly half an hour had passed, Mrs. Kim grew worried and went over to Mrs. Lee's house to ask her where her son was. Mrs. Lee pulled her inside saying, "Sandwich? Of course I'll make you a sandwich, dear!" with a sweet, old lady grin that would melt anyone's heart. Mrs. Kim was led to the kitchen, where she saw her son happily eating a sandwich, his mouth full as he grinned, "I gave her the mail and she pulled me inside and made me a sandwich with extra mayo. I'm definitely not complaining, though," before taking another bite.

"Oh, next to Mrs. Lee? Your mother and I used to be very close, Jiminie," Mrs. Kim smiled. The two women went way back, meeting in college and being best friends ever since. An incident that occurred a few years ago tore their friendship apart and the two haven't really spoken since, but Mrs. Kim dearly missed her best friend and thought that now would be a great time to see her again.

"Come, I'll walk you over. Boys, would you like to come with us?" she asked, glancing at her children with concern. Taehyung nodded quickly before jumping off the couch.

He wouldn't miss the chance to pay a visit to his favorite almost-neighbor. Mrs. Park used to come over so often that Taehyung began to believe that they were sisters.

After a while, Mrs. Park never visited, and Tae missed her. He missed how she used to pinch his cheeks fondly and snuck him chocolate when his mom wouldn't give him any. He missed how she played with him while his mom was cooking dinner. He missed how when he was visiting Mrs. Park's house, she'd always try to sing over the sound of the vacuum when she was cleaning.

She was like his guardian angel, and Taehyung wanted her back. If that meant running through the cold, eyes bloodshot and tears still staining his cheeks, then so be it.

"Tae, quit being dramatic and wipe your face. I see snot," Yoongi grinned before tugging a whining Taehyung to the bathroom.

<3

oops this was a really long chapter. this is insane, i don't know how i'm managing to update almost everyday??? (please don't get used to it ;~; i'm a busy child) i loved writing this chapter! anyway, thanks for reading <3