Chapter 6

Error

I woke up from my slumber. It was all fuzzy at first, but in a second, I was able to see. But not as much as my eyes were dull. Defective. Thought I saw a movement on the corner of my eyes and I looked towards it. By the door, nothing was there. I must be imagining things. I looked at the window at the side of the bed. The amount of light that was passing through the slits indicates that it was dawn. That's maybe good or bad. I don't have milk for Gradient and I did not bring any clothes for us. I only have the blanket that we used for our stargazing... it was teared in some places but it wad still intact.

Sighing, I left the bed and made sure not to wake up the kids. I left some clothes here when I left so maybe I could use them, if the gang didn't throw them away yet. I opened the dark oak closet and hanging there were some of my old vests, hoodies, and a red scarf. All dusty from lack of cleaning. I checked the drawers and my old clothes were there. I took out a red turtle neck long sleeved shirt and black shorts with pull string on it.

I put them on and made sure that I tied the pull strings of the shorts to make sure they don't fall down. This looks okay. I think. They were bigger than my size of course but this will do. I searched for the smallest shirt I can see. I'll have PJ wear it. After few more moments of searching, I stumbled across a dark blue T-shirt that was the smallest I can find. It would look like a dress for PJ.... I sighed. I'll just have to deal with this later.

After fixing everything up and cleaning for a bit, I laid the clothes on the bed for PJ to wear when he wakes up. I still don't know what to give Gradient. I think sighing will become a habit at this point. I got out of the room and went downstairs. The wall clock told me that it was early five o'clock. I should prepare breakfast. That should be easy enough. Then that will be my thank you to them for letting us stay. I had this smile on my face as my eyes were closed, imaging what they're reaction will be and nodding to myself. Ok! I'll do it.

I'm sure I still remember where the kitchen was... I kept on walking until I reached an open way. The kitchen changed a big but overall it was still like before. Grey walls with purple designs, the black and white tiles, and the dark wood cupboards. The refrigerator was new, the pans were new the plates were new. And other small stuff were new. Not surprising. I scanned the cupboards and the fridge then came up with a dish. Bulalo. There were lots of meat in the fridge and I would like some soup for the kids. This will do. I started cooking.

About thirty minutes later, Horror came in. He's looking like he just got out of bed but when he saw me, he's expression changed to shock. "Hello Horror." I say. "E-error! You shouldn't be the one cooking. I'm in-" I cut him off before he continues to rant. "You're in charge of the kitchen. I know." I blantly said. And I didn't bother to hide my glitchy voice. It wasn't as bad as before. Horror sighed and went to my side, watching me cook. "Anyways, good morning." He greets and I chuckled. "What's good in the morning?" I asked. "You." He said and smirked. I tried to scoff but it came out as a suppressed laugh. We stopped and looked at each other for a second before laughing. "O-ok. Haha-- s-stop... let's stop this." I tried saying, he seemed to understand me even with all my laughing.

He calmed himself and propped his arms on the counter. "Let me help." He said so suddenly making me stop. "Come again?" I asked for him to repeat. "I said let me help you cook." I'm glad he asked. I smiled to myself and scooted over to the side to give him some room. "...." He just stared at the boiling pot making me sweat drop and scrunch my bone brows. "You okay?" I asked. ".... I don't know how to cook this." He said, scratching his head. Letting out a sigh, I asked him to move over. The food was almost finished anyway so this wouldn't take long.

After few minutes, we were ready to serve the food. "You should wake everybody up and I'll take care of the rest." He said. I didn't have the chance to protest because he shoved me out of the kitchen. Ok.. I guess I should go fort to accomplish my task. I started marching upstairs and went to check on Killer. His room was still where I remembered it to be. Knocking loudly did the trick for him to open the door. He swung the door open and oh my lord. He looks adorable in his night gown.

"Good morning Killer." I said in a teasing tone. "Ugh... morning already..?" He complained. "Yep. Now go downstairs for breakfast." I made my command and walked away, not even hearing his complain since I'm already walking towards Dust's room. Now his room was trickier to find. He left his old room and went to a bigger room since when I reached the door with his name scribbled on it, my legs were hurting. This mansion sucks. Sigh....

New chapter! Yey! A chapter full of bonding time with Horror! Yeeeep. Comment down what you'd like to see in the future. Don't forget to vote haha.