25. i j a z a t - permission

Start from the beginning

"There are only two outcome ms either we fall apart go separate ways," he stopped as if too hard to speak. A bubble of pain burst in her even at the mention of going away from him. "Or we end up together. I want that, Rabi. I want to marry you."

A tear skipped her closed eye lid as her lips curved up a bit.

"I'm scarred." She whispered.

"I'm scarred and inked."

Her lips cracked open in a small laugh as more tears fell on the white of the pillow. For many years her pillows only had been stained with pain, torment, grief. But for the first time, these were the tears happiness.

"Rabi, Do I have your permission?"

"Come to Ripley with me tomorrow." She opened her eyes, swallowing the ball of emotions. "I give you my permission to talk to Hassan"

"Jao Apni Mohabbat mang lo us se, Asfandyar."
(Go and Ask him for my hand in marriage)

////

Falak offered to drop her to the train station, but she just hugged them and bid her good bye. He hadn't texted her back or called her since their conversation. Her eyes kept going to her phone. For anything from him, but the phone stayed quiet. Part of her was regretting. Feeling like she had crossed line, maybe it was too early to ask him to come with her.

She was going to call Uber when her phone finally flashed his name.

Come to the visitor's parking lot! - Lucifer

She pulled her bag behind her, almost tripping over her own feet, she ran to the parking. The moment she turned around the building, her feet faltered for a second.

He was standing against the car. His hair tied back today. Stubble nearly trimmed. Eyes hidden behind the aviators. Lips stretched up in a smirk. Dressed in a plain black shirt, dark jeans, completed with Army green jacket and boots. He looked like he was one hot badass mafia mobster.

Not the first look she wanted to serve her family, but then this was him in a nutshell. He accepted her with her darkness and her cuts. She extended the same courtesy to him.

"Rabi, snap out, I got a gift for you."

He pushed his aviators up and winked at her. Her jaw dropped open and then he pointed at the car and then her jaw really hit the ground.

That was her car. Her baby. Without any dents and freshly painted and bathed.

"That's my car."

She was dazed. He had fixed it without her even knowing. She had asked him many times since the car had disappeared from his drive way. He just had been stalling her.

"It is yours." He threw her the keys. She barely had the time to catch it. "Come on, lead the way."

"Asfandyar Freaking Khan"

She yelled out, emotional and barely able to speak.

"I swear to God if you started crying and made a scene here, I'm gonna go without you."

"Then stop making me cry all the time."

She rubbed her eyes with the palm of her hands. It wasn't that she got her car back, it was because he actually thought of her and did it for her.  It was him being there for her without her even asking for him. That feeling of knowing if life did her wrong, he did be right there to pick her up and protect her.

She wiled the tears and walked to the car, driving down the highway to Ripley, where life wasn't as sunny as Exeter literally and figuratively.

Halfway through the four hour drive, he had taken over. She pulled out her phone and build the courage to text Hassan Bhai.

I'm coming home and I want you to meet someone. He is with me - Rabail

WHAT? A "HE"? EXCUSE ME! WHO? - Hassan Bhai

Stop being overdramatic. His name is Asfandyar Khan. Hassan... he means a lot to me. I know Mom's going to not let this go easily so Do this for me. - Rabail

Why are you scared? - Hassan Bhai

He uh he is different! - Rabail

Of course... He has to be an Alien or something I mean He likes you. He can't be normal 😈 - Hassan Bhai

Shut up! - Rabail

Does he make you happy, Kiddo? - Hassan Bhai

Yes! He makes me want to live. - Rabail

Well, then I guess the matter is setlled. Once I beat him up for daring to like my sister... rest should be fine. - Hassan Bhai

HASSANNNN... BEHAVE - Rabail

We'll see, kiddo! ;) - Hassan Bhai

She put her head against the window as the world whizzed past her. The trees shedding leaves and preparing for the next season of spring. Just like her, she was slowly shedding the darkness of her past, trying to see the colors of her future.

The car came to halt in front of a two story house in the suburbs of Ripley. She gulped down the left over water in her bottle and then swallowing the ball forming in her throat. She dared to bring him along, but how was she going to face her mother?

And then the real fear came to surface as she started at the shadows moving in the kitchen. Will they accept Asfandyar?

/////

🙊🙊🙊
Propsalllll.... what do you guys think?

P.S. i love you all and you guys are so extra I love it. I read all the comments and will try to respond to as many I can. LOVE YOU GUYSSSS

Stay blessed and stay happy!

Professor Khan ✔️(completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara