5. d a r d - Pain

"Only if we were allowed to drink." She huffed as she entered into the apartment. "Wallahi, I would have a whole bottle of wine."

She got in and Falak was sprawled across the couch with a bowl of popcorn with extra butter. Her stomach growled at the sight of it.

"Why do you need to drink?" She paused the movie and sat up.

"Freaking Professor Lucifer." She gritted her teeth as she threw her shoes in the corner of the living room and slumped on the couch.

"Who?" Her housemate was confused as she tried to figure it out.

"Professor Khan." She grimaced at the thought of him. Falak ended up laughing. "Why are you laughing?"

"You are probably the only person I have ever heard that he has a problem with. He doesn't even talk to anyone more than necessary for his class course."

"Oh please. I haven't been this humiliated since I was in Sunday School for Quran because I was too dumb to memorize it." She shivered at all the beatings she got from her Quran teacher. "Anyways, I'm so hungry. I hope Sanaz stressed-cooked."

"Nope." Falak shook her head. "Both Sanaz and Zarmina are out and about. It's either ramen noodles or take-out."

"What?" She sat up in her seat as she shoved a handful of popcorn in her mouth and her stomach growled more. She groaned in annoyance. "She threatened to starve me if I didn't apologize. I actually did apologize and he insulted the fuck out me and she is still gonna starve me."

"So take out then? I'm so down."

"I'm too lazy to drive though." She sighed. Ramen it was then. She sighed

"I gotchu girl." Falak put the popcorn bowl on the table and went to change.

She got into comfy clothes as well and they decided to pick up food from La Strada. It was a small Italian restaurant that she came to love over the summer when she moved to Exeter

"We can pick up Frosty if he is not drunk already." She said as they walked to the parking lot.

"Frosty?" Falak looked at her in confusion.

"Frosty, Sanaz, and I grew up together. Sanaz was a year older than us but Frosty and I are the same age." She smiled as she reminisced the times she spent with them. "His actual name is William but his hair is so blonde it's almost white like Jack Frost and it doesn't help that he goes crazy over cupcake frostings. Gross." She shuddered at the way he always ate so much frosting. She hated frosting.

"You must have a beautiful childhood with so many people around you." There was a lining of sadness in Falak's words as she said that.

"In some ways. In some not so much." She pulled on her sleeve unintentionally as they crossed the road to the housing parking lot. "But that's another story for another time." There was no way she was going to relive the suffocation she felt earlier. She was already emotionally exhausted.

The car beeped in the parking lot and she faltered.

"WHAT THE..." She said as she stared at the car Falak approached

"You look like you saw a ghost." Falak laughed as she opened the door and sat in the car. "Get in."

She walked to the car and opened the slowly and slid in. Falak was laughing.

"Stop laughing. Jeez."

"You are acting like you literally have seen something spooky."

"Who the fuck owns a Tesla in college?" She raised her hand in questioning confusion. "Especially an undergrad."