1) Just a child

Nobody is ever perfect in this world , see everyone makes mistakes and my parents made the mistake of giving me up for adoption after the big incident I guess they thought I would be Safe and it would be better for me but little did they know it only made it worse .
My name is Skylynn Ortiz I took my fathers last name. I'm 5,4 and I have brown hair and brown eyes and I'm covered in tattoos. They were always like an addiction for me I loved them. I would say I am pretty good looking but all the hate through the years caused me to be self conscious..Anyways enough about how I look.

I was only 5 at the time when things really got bad tho I barley remember much before that,but I still understood what was going on in my life. I was always a smart child unlike my parents , they never finished school because they were having to much fun screwing around and I was just a one night stand . But my neighbor Miss Melissa would always give me books and I had a dictionary that I loved and cherished it because among with the other books it was the only thing that made me happy.
My mother's name is Amelia Lynn and my father was Antonio Ortiz . I was more close to my mother though she barely was around I never really seen my father either but I guess I just wasn't enough, hell I was her third child and not to mention all her children had different dads. I know what you're thinking she was a busy bee hell you guessed right . A few days after I was born she went out at the bar to screw around and as I grew a little older, she just never was there .. I just felt so lonely.. I felt like she hated me she just was never there. My father want even around but it really did not surprise me .
We didn't have a stable home so sometimes we stayed with her drunken mother who I hated . I had nightmare after nightmare of her beating me and my mother . She would come home so drunk all the time and she would come in my room while my mother was gone and she would say horrible things like ,
" you're worthless little child spawn everything would be better if you and the others were never born , you just a fucking needy bitchy brat that's taking up space."

(I know what y'all are thinking who would do such things to children but that sad thing is most kids have it worse than me ....)

I would cry and cry and tell her to stop but she wouldn't.. it got worse and worse and I just took it I never even told my mother because she said she would kick me and my mother out If I ever said anything and she began to put her hands on me .. and I still kept quiet .
One night when my mother went out with "friends" ,she said she wouldn't be out long so I laid in bed and began to fall asleep.

Grandmaw brought home one of her lovers. I think his name was Chris he was over here a few times but I really didn't pay any mind till grandmaw passed out on the sofa.. as I began to shake her Chris told me to stop and I didn't I started crying and crying and then he grabbed me by my hair and threw me on the bed and that made it worse I didn't stop . He then told me things like:

" stop fucking screaming god you kids are annoying she's just passed out for fucks sake" and he began to unbuckle his pants . Like I said before I was a smart child and I knew what he was doing to .I screamed and screamed till he hit me and told me to shutup and it's gonna be over shortly. I didn't stop screaming and suddenly the door flung open . My drunken dead beat mother came in screaming at Chris .

" You sick bastard! She's only a fucking child I'm calling the police !"
" I wouldn't do that if I were you Amelia" he laughed "Knowing you're on drugs and have children, no stable place to stay , shit all I gotta say is that I came here for a good time with your mother and she got drunk, passed out then u came on to me. Hell who would believe a drunken whore of a town you're so pathetic. GOD WOMEN ARE SO FUCKING STUPID! Now it's either u or the child and I don't think you want me to have my way with poor Sky now do we.

"Skylynn listen to mommy now go to the neighbors house I'll be back soon to get you and bring you to your fathers." She said crying.
"Mommy don't cry " I said crying . "GO NOW SKY!"

So I ran out the door crying to Miss Melanie the and knocked in the door as hard as I could still balling my eyes out hoping my mother was okay ,and she opened with a smile which turned to a frown in seconds.

" SKYLYNN WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED!!"

" Chris made me and mommy cry and he said something about having his way with me but mommy said no so I think he's going to hurt her and she made me come here" I said almost out of breath.

She pulled me in with a hug and pulled me into the house and she told me to follow her. I trusted this woman she was more like a mother than my own and she actually cared for me, hell she was the one who fed and gave me some new things because my "guardians " never did. If it wasn't for her I probably would have been dead starving. But it's to show that there are kind people in this world and it's also to show that there are very cruel people too.
She went to her drawer and grabbed what looked like a gun and told me to follow her. I did as she said and we went back to my house and she opened the door quietly. As soon as she made her way to the bedroom. We both stopped in our tracks and we both knew what was going on. Chris was on the grown covered in a lot of blood and Mom was wrapping him up in the sheets and by the sheets was a huge knife , she had stabbed his to death. She noticed us and she said "Melissa , please he was going to rape Sky I couldn't it was the only way. He may have his way with my mom but I'm not letting him have his way with my own daughter ."
"You just killed the guy what the hell Amelia You can have a life sentence don't u get this, you have three children and one on the way and no stable home . Hell what would your mother think when she waved up and find out you killed her favorite flavor of the week? Huh? Tell me that?"

"Help me please just don't I know some people that would help me out I just need Sky safe , she's such a smart girl and I can't lose any of my babies ." She started crying.
"Get yourself cleaned up and call the people now I'm taking Sky to her father Bc I have children to take care of unlike you . You got in this mess get yourself out . I'm only getting the child out of danger because I consider her one of my own! It's time for you to grow up, you aren't a child anymore you're 26!"
" I know , I know Melissa but I need help and you know that just please, help me, take her away now."

I stood there in shock but I don't panic but I knew that I couldn't say anything about this and I had to take my mothers side she did help me . But I knew this was going to scar me . And I knew then that this world was a dangerous place and my mother was doing her "best" to protect me but didn't successfully succeed. Why does life have to be so hard for people.