𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍 6: 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖲𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗀𝗀𝗅𝖾'𝗌 𝖱𝖾𝖺𝗅

"Shit." Tony fell in his chair, bewilderment all over his face.

"Shit?" Tony looked surprised at the new voice and spun around to look at his daughter, Morgan.

"What are you doing up, little mess?"

"Shit."

"No, we don't say that. Only Mommy says that word. She coined it, it belongs to her." Tony told her.

"Why you up?" She asked.

"'Cause I got some important shit going on here. What do you think? No, I got something on my mind. I got something on my mind."

Morgan smiled up at him, "was it Juice Pops?"

"Sure was."

"Tell me a bed time story." Morgan smiled up at her dad.

"A story. . .Once upon a time, Morgana went to bed. The end."

"That's a horrible story." Morgan said giggling.

"Come on, that's your favorite story. I love you tons." Tony told her, pecking her on her forehead.

"I love you three thousand."

"Wow. Three thousand? That's crazy." Tony stood up and grabbed the doorknob. "Go to bed or I'll sell your toys."

   "I figured it out, by the way." Tony said, cutting of Pepper.

   "You know, just so we're talking about the same thing–" Tony cut her off again.

   "Time travel.

   "What? Wow. . .That's amazing, and... terrifying." Pepper said, closing her book.

—— AVENGERS COMPOUND ——

  Steve was currently outside, his back leaning against the wall, he had his hands inside of the pockets of his pants and was looking up at the sky with a frown on his face. He didn't notice Millie walking towards him with a concerned look on her face.

   "So. . ." Her voice startled him and he looked to the side to glance at her before turning to look forward. "How're you holding up?"

  Steve turned back to glance at her. He shrugged and stuck his bottom lip out.

   "I'm doing okay. . . I suppose."

  Millie walked just a tat-bit closer to him, but not too close as to not scare him off.

   "That's what we all say these days. We say we're fine when we're the total opposite."

   "We all have to pretend to be okay, at least for someone else." Steve said.

  Millie nodded, "I see your point. But, maybe just maybe you can ask someone for help to. You've done enough to help others."

  Steve shrugged, "it doesn't feel right."

   "So what? It's time to help yourself for the first time, Rogers."

  Steve bit his lip and looked up at the sky once again.

   "I don't think I can."

  Millie, reluctantly, grabbed Steve's hand, making him look down rapidly.

   "I know you've suffer a lot already, I might've just met you. . .but I'm willing to help you with anything in the world no matter what."