Chapter 46

"What the hell?"
"Why wasn't that door locked?" Jackson pushed past me and pulled out a key to lock it.
"GUYS," I yelled "Why the hell are there so many guns in there? That's like an arsenal."
"Security," Tyler answered abruptly and pushed me away from the door.
"Stop that," I slapped his hands away "No one needs that many guns in their house."
Liam grabbed my arm and pulled me to the staircase.
"LIAM. Let me go!"
"Forget about it."
"C'mon, I just wanna see what's in this house! I live here, I should know how many deadly weapons are in here."
"37," Tyler supplied and earned himself some angry looks. "What? She wanted to know."
"Kenna, stop struggling," Liam said and forced my hands together "We're going upstairs."
"Show me the guns," I demanded and pushed against Liam.
"God, how do you always have energy to fight," Liam growled and grabbed my waist.
"NO, you ass! Let me down," I slapped his arms but it was to late. He threw me over his shoulder and carried me up the stairs.

"I hate you," I said grudgingly when he let me down on the couch.
"Love you too." He let himself fall onto the couch next to me.
"There you are, dinner's ready," Chuck stuck his head into room.
"Coming," Jackson supplied and ushered us into the dining room.
"This isn't over," I hissed to the others while we sat down.
"Yes, it is." Jackson gave me a warning look and I knew better than to push it any further.

Chuck left after dinner and while I wanted to ask more questions about the cellar, my brothers made it clear that they wouldn't tell me anything. Honestly, I only wanted to know because they didn't want to tell me. But after numerous tries, I eventually gave up and forgot about it.
For now.

"Hey Kenz', c'mere. I need to talk to you," Tyler called me when I passed his room.
I stuck my head in and raised my eyebrows.
"What?"
"Come in. And close the door."
I gave him a funny look but did so anyways.
„Is there anything you wanna tell me? Something you did, maybe?"
„What are you talking about?" I shook my head and sat down on his bed. It felt weird, to talk to Tyler alone. We barely ever spent time together, especially not alone.
"Are you seeing Hunter?" He stared at me.
I didn't answer.
He sighed.
"Please, tell me you're not that stupid," He put his hands to his head.
"Don't call me stupid." I said bluntly, ignoring what he was implying.
He stood up, pacing around the room.
„You need to stop. Now. Immediately."
"How did you know?" I asked, distracting him from his point.
"I didn't. I wasn't sure. I just heard rumors, but then I saw you, coming from the Gym. And you were looking really suspicious. And one minute later Hunter came around the same corner."
"Okay," I answered, because what else is there to say.
"Give me your phone."
"What? No. What the fuck, I'm not giving you my phone." I inched away from him.
„Delete his number."
„Mind your own business," I snapped and got up from the bed.
„You want me to tell Jackson? Hm?" He stuck out his hand for my phone.
"Why haven't you? You could've told him as soon as you found out. But you didn't." I noticed for the first time, how weird it was that he was talking to me alone.
"I don't want to tell him. But I will, if I have to. It's your choice."
"Why?"
"If Jackson finds out about this. It won't end pretty for anyone, especially Hunter. And you would probably never see the outside of this house again."
"I'm not scared of him. Or you."
"Good. I want it to stay that way."
He sighed and put his hands on my shoulders.
"Look at me," he said "I'm doing you a favor here. Promise me you'll stay away from him and I'll forget what I saw."
„You can't control me. I'm not letting you guys choose my friends for me."
„Kyle Hunter is no ones friend. He is using you. Just like he uses and manipulates everyone else around him."
"I trust him," I stated and stared at Tyler.
"You're gonna get hurt," he answered.
"I'll take my chances."
"I won't," he whispered.
He took out his own phone and started dialling a number. Without looking I could guess who it was. And I didn't fancy being there when he answered.
I turned to walk out but Tyler quickly reacted and closed the door with his hand.
To my luck, Jackson didn't answer and Tyler went to fetch him personally. That gave me time to get out of there.
I sprinted down the stairs and grabbed my jacket and shoes before I quietly closed the door and snuck away.
I put on my jacket while I quickly walked away from the house, heading in no particular direction.
I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called an uber before I sent one message:"I'm coming."