Chapter 36

Something inside him had changed.
Like a switch for an alternate personality, had been flipped.
I saw it in Liam and Tyler too, but not as radical as in Jackson.
I roughly wiped away a single tear still rolling down my cheek.
"I'm going to fucking kill him.", Jackson repeated.
And I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.
„I'll get the keys.", Liam said, his eyes just as dark as Jacksons.
"Guys", I turned to face Jackson and Tyler "What's happening, right now?", I asked because, honestly I wasn't quite sure.
No one answered.
"GUYS."
"We'll take care of it.", Tyler answered, as if that answered any of my questions.
„I can take care of it myself", I stated „I don't need your help."
„I know you don't."
„Then what the hell is your point?"
"He deserves it."
"Doesn't matter! It's not up to you if he deserves it! I'm not letting you go out like this."
Jackson looked up and scanned the hall behind me. I knew that look.
„NO. You don't get to do this. Don't you dare call that security guard."
„I'm doing this for you."
„AND I'M TELLING YOU TO STOP."
He scoffingly shook his head.
„Jackson, listen to me!"
„I LISTENED TO YOU. AND I HEARD WHAT YOU SAID!"
„THEN ACT ON IT FOR GODS SAKE."
„THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING, KENNA."
„If you want us to be a family. Don't do this. PLEASE. Do what I ask of you, just this once.", I pleaded.
"You're still protecting him.", Liam scoffed.
I turned around.
"I'm protecting YOU, you idiots!"
"That's not your job."
"Of course it is!"
"We are supposed to protect you not the other way around!", Jackson started pacing around the room "I should've protected you.. This is my fault.."
"Jackson, stop.", Liam and I said at once.
"None of this has anything to do with you. I got myself into a bad situation. I know that. You should too."
"You were naive, but it wasn't your fault you were drugged, Kenna", Liam interrupted "You know that right? Don't blame yourself. And you shouldn't either. The only person responsible for this is that son of a bitch."
"He's right.", Tyler exclaimed and Jackson nodded.
Silence followed.
"Now that that's clear why don't we eat something, I'm starving.", I proposed with a big fake smile.
"Nice try.", Tyler nodded.
"She's right. We should eat", Jackson said "We will talk about this later."
He looked at the other two and nodded.
This wasn't the end of that discussion. But for now we were taking a break.

For the rest of the day, I was walking on eggshells, scared that something I might say trigger them to pull through with their plan. When I went to bed that night, I felt almost proud. I had probably prevented a murder.
Probably.

But the next day, I wasn't so sure anymore.
Jason didn't show up to school that day.
Or the next day.
Or the day after that.
In fact, he didn't show up at all after that night.
He completely disappeared. My texts and calls were left unanswered.

I stormed into Jacksons room "Tell me the truth.", I demanded, the third day after Jason disappeared.
"Will you chill for a second? God.", he crawled out of bed.
"Did you do something to him??"
"Who?", Jackson asked, still sleepy.
"Jason. Did you do something to him?"
"Why would you ask me that?"
"Because, you literally said you were going to kill him. And now he's completely disappeared, no one knows where he is-"
"Are you seriously panicking because he's gone? Be glad he won't bother you anymore. Now let me sleep.", he shooed me away.
"Tell me you didn't do anything to him. Say it."
He sighed.
"I didn't kill him, Kenna", he said ironically "Now, piss off."
"I swear to God, if you have anything to do with this-"
"Leeaaave.", he groaned and rolled back into bed.
I shook my head and slammed the door on my way out.
I shouldn't care about Jason, but just as a person in general I didn't want him to be hurt or something. He deserves to be hurt, of course. But still, I can't explain it.

LIKE & COMMENT 💋

Short update and not my best work I know I know. But I'm in Hungary right now on an exchange so I don't have that much time to write excuseee mee. Love y'all 💋🇭🇺