"What happened to the Shadowhunters?" I questioned.

"Their services were no longer required, because they won the war against the demons, centuries ago. Once they sealed the rifts between their worlds-" Meliorn inhales deeply, "-their culture faded away."

Meliorn went on, "Once you arrive in the alternate dimension, you will assume the body of the Zee in that world. You will think and feel just like her.l

"But- I'll still know I'm me, right?" I ask, "I'll know I have to find the Portal?-"

"There's a catch." Jace huffs, "With Seelies, there's always a catch."

"Your alternate self could consume you if you let it." Meliorn adds in.

"Is there a way to not let it?" I question immediately.

Meliorn strains, "Focus on the differences between that world and ours. Find something or someone to keep you grounded to this one."

I looked at Jace, knowing it would be the thought of him that would keep me myself, "I'll figure it out."

"It will be more difficult than you think." Meliorn spoke, the door appearing between the two trees, "If you don't hurry, you could cease to be this world's Zee Young."

"And be stuck in that world forever." I sigh deeply, crossing my arms.

-

"Here-" I place the card that had the Mortal Cup in it in Jace's pocket, "With you- I know it'll be safe. Just in case I don't make it back."

Jace stares at me, "You're coming back."

I shot him a look, "Do either of us know about interdimensional travel?"

"Little bit." He shrugs.

I softly laugh, "Not helping."

Jace smiles lightly, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear and pulls me in for a kiss.

Our lips connect for a few short seconds, Meliorn's voice breaking us apart, "It's time."

I walk over, "Meliorn, I appreciate the risk- but a life debt requires you ensure my safety. I'll agree to go alone but if I find this Portal, I won't be able to face Valentine on my own. I'm barely trained."

Jace comes behind me, "She'll need backup."

Meliorn sighs, "If you find the Portal, you may come back for him. Shadowhunters need Seelie permission to go through. Only demons can pass through unaided."

Meliorn starts to speak Seelie, using his magic to open the doors, blue and red flashing before my eyes, going forward.

I nod towards Jace, slowly walking away from him, shoving down all the fear that grew in my chest deep down, stepping into portal.

I gasp quickly, looking around quickly to see where I was.

I was no longer dressed in the t shirt, jacket and black jeans. I was dressed in a pair of black plaid pants, white sneakers on my feet, a baby blue sweater, one that fell off my shoulder, exposing it, my hair longer than usual and ending at the beginning of my waist, curled.

I was in the apartment, confusion filling within me.

Valentine walks in, setting down tea cups onto the table.

My eyes widen, as I grabbed a knife, holding it up to him, "Tell me where Margaret and Jocelyn are!"

"Whoa." Valentine looks at me, putting his hands up, chuckling, "Is this a scene from the new show you got the main part to?"