From This Moment On

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" We all screamed as we realized today is my wedding day. 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GETTING MARRIED!!" I sang out. The girls all started checking the pre-wedding checklist to make sure everything went well.

"We will all go to breakfast up at Jay's while you and Selena 'talk' to the caterers to make sure everything runs smoothly," Harley said over-exaggerating that I was going to "secretly" meet up with my fiance. 

"Harls, you are a dumb bitch," Selena joked. "Faith, go ahead and we will have the hair stylish here when you get back." 

I threw on a slip-on dress and ran out to the beach. There was a bar where Chato and I hung out during our first weeks in Hawaii. There he was, sitting at a table and I went to join him.

"Buenos Dias mi amor," He greeted me with a cheeky smile.

"Hi." I kissed his cheek and a waiter brought over our favorite breakfast food; waffles and bacon.

"Today is the day!" Carlos couldn't keep his smile to himself.

"It is. In six hours we will be married," I reminded him, the time was 8:30 am. We hurried breakfast and snuck a good makeout sesh. Once it was 9:15, Selena came to get me to get ready. I had until noon to get read and then bridal party photos until 1:45. 

Jade had a hair chair all ready and she began my hair. We were going for a classy updo with a flower crown, that will have a long train when the time comes. Damien chose to do a fancy, classy smokey eye and neutral makeup. I looked at the clock and it was already 11:30 and the ladies were just now getting on their dresses. 

"Can someone help me put on my dress?" I yelled over the chaos in the room. Selena and Harley came over and helped me slip on my beautiful Bohemian dress. I looked around the room and everyone looked beautiful. Once we started pictures everybody got to have more fun. We took a variety of silly pictures full of everyone's personalities. Every lady got a personalized photo with me. Selena interrupted our chitchat,

"Honey, its time." The excitement and jitters came at the same time, I am finally getting my happy ending. Floyd came and knocked on the door to collect me for the isle walking. Since Floyd is Carlos's best man, Selena is to walk down the aisle alone since he is walking me down the aisle. Everybody lined up with their respectful partner and the song, I Chose You by Sarah Bareilles started.

"Are you ready?" Floyd asked me. 

"Damn straight," I said shakily. We walked down the little patio to the venue and it was time. I saw Chato in his beautiful light blue tux. I watched as his eyes lit up as he saw me, the tears formed in both of our eyes. We were surrounded by the people we loved and I was finally promising to love him for the rest of my life. 

"Be good to her," Floyd stated as he handed me over to Carlos. 

"I will." Floyd stood next to Chato and Rick was ready.

"Two people in love do not live in isolation. Their love is a source of strength with which they may nourish not only each other but also the world around them. And in turn, we, their community of to this couple. By our steadfast care, respect, and love, we can support their marriage and the new family they are creating today. Throughout their relationship, I have seen how they have brought the best in each other, and that is true love, my friends. We've come to the point of your ceremony where you're going to say your vows to one another. But before you do that, I ask you to remember that love—which is rooted in faith, trust, and acceptance—will be the foundation of an abiding and deepening relationship. No other ties are more tender, no other more sacred than those you now assume. If you are able to keep the vows you take here today, not because of any religious or civic law, but out of a desire to love and be loved by another person fully, without limitation, then your life will have joy and the home you establish will be a place in which you both will find the direction of your growth, your freedom, and your responsibility. Please now read the vows you have written for each other." Rick looked to me and Selena handed me my paper with my vows on it.

"Carlos, you and I both know how indecisive I can be at times. I simply don't like to make decisions. But if there is one decision in my life that I know is the right one, it's to spend the rest of my life with you. There is an infinite number of things I love about you. I love your thoughtfulness and your ability to keep me grounded. I love your loyalty to me and our relationship. I love the way you weirdly get excited about Chipotle water and I love how when you laugh really hard, your one eye starts to crinkle up." I looked at Chato and a tear fell from my eye. "I promise if there's only one avocado left, I'll let you have it. I promise to be patient with you, even if it means that I have to listen to how you should have started that one player on your Fantasy Football bench every single Sunday during football season. I promise I will love you for a thousand and one years."

Carlos inhaled sharply and wiped his eyes. He had no paper, he had memorized what he wanted to say to me.

"Faith, when we first met, I never imagined this day would come, but now that we are here I couldn't have imagined choosing anyone else but you to go through life's journey with. I love your laugh, your smile, your caring nature and that face you make when something is so cute, you just have to squeeze it. I promise to support you, to honor you and to love you unconditionally, even when we may disagree on something. Like whether The Bachelor or Monday Night Football is more important to watch. I promise to put you first and love you even when you get real sassy. I can't imagine where I would be without you, and I cannot wait to continue this crazy journey with you by my side, I love you. "

"May I have the rings, please?" Rick asked and Selena and Floyd provided them. "Please repeat after me: I give you this, as a daily reminder of my love for you."

"I give you this, as a daily reminder of my love for you." We both stated in unison as we placed the rings on each other.

"By the power of your love and commitment, and the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife! Carlos, you may kiss your bride!" 

All of our friends cheered and clapped as we enjoyed our long, passionate kiss. I was married to the love of my life and I couldn't be happier. The night got even better, celebrating our marriage with our families.

🎉 You've finished reading ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔒𝔫 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔢 ||ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔱𝔬 𝔖𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔞 🎉