Dreams Are Made of This

"Buenas días, mi amore!" I opened my eyes to see his beautiful brown eyes as they peered right back at me. He pushed the hair out of my face as I just stared into his eyes, laying in a bed only the rich and happy would have.

"How are you here?" I asked.

"He told me to find you." 

"Who is looking for me?" I asked grabbing his hand. 

"It's too late, mi amore. Don't come looking  for me, it's too dangerous." I blinked and he disappeared.

"Chato!!CHATO!!"

Harley stood in front of me holding a pillow.

"NIghtmare?" She asked as I grabbed my head then stood up.

"Did you just grab my pillow from under my head?" I asked as she threw my pillow at me.

"Maybe... but hey, it's not my fault you were screaming Chato's name." When she said his name I turned away from her. 

"He's alive..." I responded quietly.

"That's impossible, we both saw him explode. A true hero," Harley touched her chest and did a prayer-like motion.

"I think...Ra's... is using him to find me...torturing him...until I get to him..."

"Who knew Ra's could be so cruel? Does Zsasz know?" 

"What? That Ra's is trying to ruin my life after Zsasz and I saved his life," I responded.

"Well... Just forget about it. We are leaving today! We got cleared, two guards told me last night! We have some new recruits too!!" Harley exclaimed. Two men walked up to the cell door and opened it.

"Easy way or the hard way?" One man with dark red hair asked.

"Easy peasy, lemon squeezy,"  Harls responded. We both put our hands behind our backs and the men cuffed us and walked us out of the cell. They walked us past two cell blocks as other inmates screamed hateful words at Harley and me. We walked through the infirmary were Floyd, Digger, Vic, and K.C. laying on stretchers. Rick walked into the room holding a tablet with a woman in a wheelchair next to him.

"Hey, guys. This is Barabra, a technology major at Gotham University. Her father probably put some of our new recruits in jail and Arkham, with the help of Batman." Rick didn't look up from the tablet.

"What's with the wheels?" Digger asked.

"I was shot, by Jack Napier. He is better known as...." 

"Puddin'" Harley interrupted. 

"Yes," Barbara wheeled over to a vital reader, my brothers. "He is good to fight." 

"Good, what about everybody else? The girls?" Rick asked.

"Guys your good. You can take these gentlemen to the rec room." She nodded to the guards. The cuffed them then left the room. Two nurses told Harley and me to lay on the beds and put sensors on our faces, chests, and arms. The nurses pulled up our shirts to reveal both of our stomachs to give us sonograms.

"I am pretty sure I'm not pregnant, nurse lady," I said as she squirted the gel on my stomach. It was cold and made my skin jump with goosebumps.

"It's precautionary," Rick said looking up at Harley and me.

"All clear," the nurses said. They wiped off our stomachs and allowed us to walk with Rick, cuff free to the launch pad. We waited for about 15 minutes before an Arkham helicopter landed. Soldiers ran off and doctors and nurses pushed off stretchers with villains on them. Our new recruits.