Count on Me

I watched the private jet leave, then I walked upstairs to get dressed for the day. I threw on a tank top and some shorts, then braided my hair. I sat on the edge of my bed and turned on my phone, nothing. No messages, no news of Floyd, no updates on Zoey. I turned off my phone and stood up heading towards Chato's closet, then I heard a knock. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs to the door. I opened it,

"Hailey, what are you doing here?!" I asked my best friend in excitement then hugging her.

"I heard you were in Hawaii and I couldn't pass up a visit. Where is that handsome man you wrote to me about?"

"He and Jay went on a boys trip. What about Ian and the kids?" 

"They stayed in Gotham, I told them if they let mom go on a weekend trip by myself I would bring them presents." 

"Smart. Well, how is celebrity life? You got the man, the mansion, the job!! How is it all?" 

"Thanks to you and Frost, my past is totally behind me. Not one record label has asked anything. You two helped me get back on my feet after the incident, speaking of which... I heard you killed Ra's and Talia al Ghul." She said. "How was it? After they betrayed us all. "

"It wasn't as extravagant as I thought it would feel. I definitely moved away from my serial killer phase. After you get the shit beaten out of you by a cyborg you kinda change how you feel about murdering people."

"You're so silly. The real reason, other than visiting you, that I came here was because I wanted to invite you, Jay,  your man candy to Ian's charity party next weekend. Bruce Wayne will be there, Detective Gordon will be there, and it's at the Wayne Manor. Plus if you are seen with me, everybody in Gotham will forgive your 'sins'." She stated, smiling. Being in the same room as playboy Bruce Wayne and the man who put me away would be great, especially if they see I'm now a good person.

"I'm not sure about the other two, but I'm in. Will I be meeting your beautiful boys?" I asked.

"Of course!! Matt has been asking about when he could meet his godmother."

"I'm the literal definition of badass godmother!" We walked into the kitchen and I made mimosas. Hours passed feeling like minutes, and minutes felt like milliseconds. 

"So, tell me about you. You just got the man you fell in love with back and now what? Family? Marriage?" Hailey asked.

"I honestly have no idea, I don't feel like I can trust him. I found drugs, well prescription drugs in our bathroom and he got really sketchy after I asked him about them." I responded.

"If he is hiding them from you, where do you think he would hide them?" 

"To be honest, our closet. Before you knocked on the door I was going to go snooping but I don't know." Hailey stood up and headed for the stairs. "Where are you going?"

"To find out if your boyfriend is a drug dealer. Coming?" She asked. I got off of the couch and followed her to my bedroom. I opened his closet and we began looking for drugs. "How much clothes does he have?"

"Surprisingly more than me!" I exclaimed.

"I found something," Hailey shouted as she was knee deep in a pile of bags. I walked over to her and she held a small box in her hand... From Cartier... 

"Oh...my....god..."

A/N -  I know this chapter is short, but it's the best I got right now. I'm going through some things but I haven't forgotten about my readers!! I love ya