Moving On Up

Chato's POV

"I can't let you pay for this," I argued with Jay on the price of the penthouse we had picked out for Faith. 

"Think of it as an engagement present," Jay said trying to convince me. I shook my head and groaned.

"What if she says no. Then I will be in debt with you."

"You sound like an accountant." I gave I slight laugh at his remarks. "But I don't think she will say no to you, I have never seen her so head over heels for a guy before." 

"Fine, you can buy it for us, I guess." We went back to the room we were in with the realtor and Jay grabbed the papers to purchase the penthouse. After filling out the forms, Jay took me to his tailor to get me some suits. I got a baby blue suit for the charity event with black loafers. After going back to the hotel I called Faith.

RING...RING...RING...RING

"Hey, honey buns!" Faiths sweet voice greeted me over the phone.

"Hello, mi amor. Where are you right now?" 

"Lena and I are flying over National City right now, we should be in Gotham in an hour or two. I'm super excited to show you around my city." I loved how her voice squealed with excitement at the end of her sentence.

"I'm excited your excited mi amor. Where do we need to get you?" 

"Lena, where are we landing in Gotham?" I overheard her ask. "At the top of Wayne Enterprises is where we are landing so if you want to wait at the entrance of there you can."

"Will do. Listen, babe, I've got to go. I love you, be safe." 

"Love you too and I will be safe." I put my phone away and hopped into the shower. The warm water felt so nice against my skin; the shower was the only place I felt truly safe to the world. Once I was finished showering, I got changed into a pair of skinny jeans and blue flannel over top of a white tank top. I left the hotel room and walked to the jewelers.

"Hello, sir. What can I help you with?" The consultant asked.

"I'm looking for some accessories for the Wayne Foundation Charity Ball for my..." I paused. "Girlfriend."

"This way." He demanded. By the tone of his voice, I could tell he was either gay or very in touch with his feminine side. "Here, we have some older but beautiful diamond necklaces and earrings, if you buy any of them half of the proceeds go to the Wayne Foundation."

I took a look at all of the sparkling jewelry in front of me. Which would Faith like? 

"Can I see that one?" I asked and the consultant grabbed a necklace that started as a choker but advanced down into a point. There were maroon diamonds on it as well as sapphires and regular diamonds. "This one."

"There are matching earrings," He replied pulling out a box. 

"How much?" 

"$3.6 million. Are you paying debit or credit?" 

"Debit," I handed him my Visa as he wrapped the necklace in the box and put it and the earrings in a bag. He swiped my card and I had to sign almost a hundred papers. I walked out of the store and went somewhere to get a drink. Penguin's Iceberg Lounge sounded like a safe place. I walked in and heads turned, the boss man even looked at me.

"Mr. Santana, where is Faith? Is she here yet?" Oswald Cobblepot asked as he hobbled over to me. He extended his hand out to me, "The name is Oswald, friends call me Penguin."

I shook his hand and responded,

"Chato Santana, but you already knew that." He smiled. "Faith will be here in about an hour to half an hour. I have to pick her up at the top of the Wayne building."