Episode 9.7

(Previously: Dr. Azmeck and Crysilis hear news claiming that Streamline was arrested and that the police destroyed Vecto's body. They plan to meet before Azmeck boards the Corono ship to fix Vecto.)

Three days later, Azmeck was walking down a street with an old robot at his side. There was a large crowd, waiting in hopes of getting a ticket for a year-long journey across the omniverse. The robot followed the steps of Azmeck and glanced at the row of boarding shuttles at the dock, each one ready to take the civilians to the massive, megamile ship in orbit around Acaterra.

"Excuse me, Dr. Elzador Azmeck," the robot said calmly. "If permitted, may I ask where we will be going, good sir?"

"Ah, no need to worry," Azmeck said, "only a journey, my friend. Oh, look, there he is! Hey, Crysilis!" Seeing Azul and Crysilis in the distance, Azmeck rushed over, an act he should have refrained from due to his aching back. He was soon followed by his clunky companion robot.

"Shh!" Crysilis put a finger to his mouth, hidden by a hood over his head. "We don't want anyone to know what we're up to!" Crysilis wrapped himself more in his cloak. "Besides, how'd you know it was me?"

"I simply assumed, by seeing Azul at your side, that-"

"OK, fine. I guess this is it. Good ol' good-byes, huh?" Crysilis whispered, severing any chitchat.

"And what of you, Azul?" Azmeck asked. "If you need a place to stay after what happened to the base and all, I'll-"

"No need to worry," Azul said, wearing a new set of fancy clothes to replace the burnt ones. "I will survive. But I wish you two a safe journey, and may the heavens protect you."

"Thank you, Azul," Azmeck said with a smile, patting him on the shoulder. "Good man. Good man. Welp, it's been a pleasure, you two . . . See you on the other side."

Crysilis snapped his head in the 76-year-old's direction in response.

"The omniverse. The omniverse," Azmeck clarified as he walked off and waved.

"Godspeed," Azul said, nodding as Crysilis headed in another direction.

* * *

And so, Crysilis left on a separate journey as Azul stayed behind and as Azmeck boarded the Corona ship. They embarked on their own adventures, each with his own path, each with his own mission to accomplish. And stored away in the Corona ship, standing beside rows upon rows of robots of the same model and design, was one odd-ball of the bunch-a bulky machine that showed its age, a robot of Azmeck's, carrying within its chest a single orb, hidden, ready to be revived.

An orb by the name: Vecto.

Fin (The End).

You've made it to the end! Thank you for all of your support! The story doesn't end here, though. Check out the sequel, Vecto: Voyage, which is being updated twice a week on Wattpad!

If you like this book, please vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. I'd really appreaciate it if you rate this book on other sites such as Amazon, Goodreads, etc. Check out my profile for a link to buy the book in print or ebook format. If you want to buy the book and are not old enough to do so online, you can go to a Barnes & Noble store to buy the print book and have it shipped to your home. Thank you again for being an awesome fan!