Episode 6.5

(Previously: Vecto goes on a killing spree, but the SS6 trainees trap Vecto in a cocoon coated in metal. The scene shifts to Crysilis.) 

"So you're telling me there's no off switch?" Crysilis asked Dr. Azmeck over comlink. 

"Unfortunate to say, but Vecto designed and created his own body this time. Neither I nor Gyro had a say in its creation," Azmeck's old voice crackled. 

"Not even Vic?" 

"Certainly, even his creator has no say. Vecto has been independent for quite some time." 

"I see . . ." Crysilis pondered. "So we'll have to use force." 

Azmeck paused and proposed an alternative. "On the contrary, perhaps we can coax Vecto into letting me download an upgrade for his system, while instead loading a virus to shut his system down." 

"And how do you suppose we do that?" Crysilis asked. "Vecto does his own self-adjustments." 

Streamline cleared his throat, standing beside Crysilis, also connected to comlink. "Don't forget to ask him about the coordinates to Zendora." 

"Zendora?" Azmeck was curious. The mentioning of that planet had spiked his interest. 

"Oh yeah, do you have the coordinates to Zendora?" Crysilis asked, watching as Azul searched for leftover items from the base in the distance. 

"Ah, Zendora--it's been a while since I've been there," Azmeck said. "Unfortunately, even though I've been there, neither I nor anyone else knows where it is. Believe me, son, if I did, I, myself, would've gone back-for Russus' sake." 

"You mean Phantom?" 

"Indeed. My nephew sought for his whole life to return to Zendora. Poor soul," Azmeck said, his voice cracking. "May he rest in peace." 

Crysilis didn't know how to respond. "I'm sorry," he simply said. 

"Well, what's done is done. Why are you seeking Zendora?" 

"We've got a lead that Morphaal's headed there, and Vecto's been obsessed with finding out." 

"Oh my." Azmeck's voice changed. "If Morphaal returns to Zendora, he'll-" 

"We know, we know," Streamline spoke up. "So how're we gonna to get the virus in Vecto?" 

"We can tell him it's the coordinates," Crysilis suggested. 

"Hmm," Azmeck pondered. "If you are truly considering shutting his system down, perhaps I could create false coordinates and instead send a temporary virus through his system." 

"That may be our only resolution," Crysilis said as he sat on a burnt police car, thinking of the police Vecto had killed; there had not been a single survivor. "As of yet, Vecto's only targeting those who are associated with Morphaal-and those who get in his way. He won't target us." 

"Unless the virus fails to work," Streamline pointed out. "If Vecto finds out, we'll be number one traitors, and the top five on his hit list." 

Crysilis looked at Streamline. "It's a risk we need to take. These police have nothing to do with Morphaal. And the SS6 are only following orders. Yet Vecto's killing them off. His target should be Morphaal alone, not the innocent." 

"If I may interject," Azmeck said. "Crysilis' assertions are correct. We have no idea how far Vecto's obsession will go or who else will be affected. Perhaps Gyro's death triggered a malfunction in Vecto's reasoning. Indeed, if I am able to shut him down, we can fix the glitch and focus our energy on finding Morphaal. Then we can establish a strategy to defeat him." 

It didn't sit well with Streamline. "So we're just gonna stay low till he comes back then? Is that it?" 

"For now, at least," Crysilis concluded. "You stay here. I'm going to go to Azmeck's to help make the virus. If you see Vecto, keep him occupied and out of trouble, will you?" 

"Me? You're kidding, right?" Streamline said. "You know as well as I do that Vecto won't listen to me." 

"Well, get Azul to help, then." Crysilis pointed at Vecto's servant, who was digging through rubble. "I don't know, just do something, will ya? Bye." Crysilis waved and disappeared, leaving Streamline with the Asterite. 

(What will Streamline do? Will he sit and wait or go after Vecto with Azul's help? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)

Alpha Squad - Vecto: Vengeanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें