Episode 6.3

(Previously: Using his Mind Messenger to carry a Foot Missile in the air, Vecto drops the bomb through a tiny funnel shaft in the center of the shield that protected the SS6 base. It destroys the shield generator, allowing him to enter the base.) 

"Where, where is he?" Tim asked, shaking his gun at the sky. 

Brail checked the barricade's microscopic cameras from his visor to see Vecto approach the wall. Vecto balled his fist, pulled it back, and punched the barricade. 

"What's he doing?" Brail said aloud. "That wall's three feet thick!" 

But it didn't bother Vecto. He had his fist partially in it. His shields glowed dark yellow as he twisted his metal knuckles in the wall. The FFS sucked carbon from the wall's metal, devouring it as it grinded its way through. 

"Steady weapons at the barricade!" Brail commanded as soldiers lined up beside him. "Tim! Your weapon!" he yelled at him. 

Tim's hand shook as he stared at it, remembering what Sable had said at the police headquarters yesterday. Streamline had knocked him out, and he had woken to discover that Vecto had disintegrated the SS6 Formation. 

"He's going to kill us all!" Tim yelled. 

Brail knocked him in the face with the blunt end of his rifle and looked at another soldier. "Get this amateur out of my sight," he ordered. 

"He's breached the wall!" a woman soldier yelled. 

Sure enough, Vecto's fist popped out from the wall, exercising its fingers. 

"Fire!" Brail ordered. 

Gunfire streamed from their weapons, hitting the hand, causing it to retreat back in the wall. They stopped firing and watched the hole. Within seconds, the nozzle of a cylindrical gun thrust through it. Vecto twisted his Blaster 3,000 around and methodically took shots at the soldiers. 

Brail watched in horror as zero point energy struck soldiers in the head one by one. "Take cover!" he yelled. "Steady behind the buildings. Ready the cannons!" 

Vecto stopped firing, but the wall glowed white. His shields were devouring the rest of the barrier. Vecto's deathlike head plowed through the melting wall, turning to look at the men-then came his foot, his other arm, and his chest. Vecto's whole body sifted through the thick metal, leaving an imprint of his body. 

"Fire the cannons!" Brail yelled to his men. From the roofs of buildings rose large Fortitude Mortar Cannons. They fired at Vecto; the large shells impacted his chest, and explosions shook the ground. But out came the robot from the smoke. 

"Where is Morphaal? Where is your leader Sable?" Vecto yelled. He heard military planes approaching and watched twin aircraft swoop overhead and drop bombs. He stood there as the Cascade shells struck his shields. A wave of explosions followed, destroying nearby buildings. 

Vecto's shields now glowed red hot as he stood in the flames, pacing forward. 

"Come out, Morphaal. Stop your hiding!" Vecto yelled. 

Brail signaled for his men to hold fire. "Vecto, what's gotten into you? Morphaal's dead!" 

"You lie!" Vecto said. "He's here!" 

The smoke cleared, and Brail saw weapons trailing behind Vecto. 

(Will Morphaal show himself? Or will Vecto have to hunt him down? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)