Black Boys Bloom Thorns First: Volume 3 Summary

Biding his time as a quiet grad student and T

Biding his time as a quiet grad student and T.A., 20-year-old Erik Stevens meets his favorite university radio d.j. Disa Abdullah-Woods, a fellow grad student, because of an old Wakandan song his father used to play when he was a child.

Erik and Disa's lives become further entwined because of a housing favor Disa needs his help with, and once connected, Erik pursues her. For the first time in his life, Erik is curved by a woman. This spurs him to seek out a platonic relationship with Disa, a woman who assists him with his goals of revenge unbeknownst to her. Disa and Erik become close friends although Disa suspects that there's something more to Erik Stevens than he is letting on.

Their relationship is tested further when Erik graduates and becomes a Navy Seal, putting distance, both physical and emotional between them. Further strain tears them apart when Erik eventually turns to a mercenary career instead of committing to Disa once his enlistment ends. 

During a trip to Brazil to visit the place that took his mother's life, Erik nearly derails his plans for complete revenge when he commits a crime that puts his beloved play cousin Marisol and Disa, in danger. This act introduces her to a darker side of Erik's personality. 

A life-changing event puts the two fated lovers at a crossroads.

But then Erik disappears...

....and three years later, King T'Challa Udaku is knocking on Disa's front door revealing a long-hidden secret.

Author's Note:

If you have not read Volumes 1-2 and Stark's New Intern in that order, this Volume will not make sense to you. Past events in those books play key roles in this one.