Chapter 15

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I shrieked as I was thrown across the room, the looming form of Black Hat above me, his both eyes were red and his face covered with shadows. I tried my best to stop the tears as I managed to get up.

The other three are out to deal with some hero due to a request made by a villain, someone who goes by the name Void. She had left to do some business of her own, and we were alone. And I am currently being abused, pulled out of my bedroom forcefully as soon as he got some time on his hands. I looked up, afraid of what he was going to do to me, why won't I be...? R maybe I shouldn't be, if he kills me, then I will get to join my family. That would surely be amazing and computing than living with this demon. I let my gaze fall on his face, accepting my fate. He clicked his tongue and in my peripheral vision, I saw his claws, huge and monstrous.

As he raised his hand, my hands went over my head to make a protective shield that clearly won't be of any help, but instinct tried it's best anyways. I heard a deafening whoosh and then a loud smack with the dull yet loud sound of the impact. My eyes shooting open turned to look over my head.

The wall behind me had a deep gash into it, and you could almost see the light of outside peeking through. I turned to Black Hat, he was breathing deeply, his eyes were glowing white. He was surely pissed, but I am sure, he either missed, which is less possible than the other possibility, which is that he missed on purpose. He stood up straight and I gulped.

He pulled me up to me feet and I thought I was goner but what happened was something I could never imagine in the entirety of my cut short life. Shock filled me, freezing me as my mind screamed at me, also wondering what just happened, but it was not a dream.... even my dreams aren't this peaceful.

Black Hat hugged me, and held me above ground, his hold was tight but not enough to hurt me. The embrace was protective, and caught me off guard more than anything possibly could have.

"Why do you have to be so naïve?" He said in a low gentle voice that I didn't knew he had and this struck me hard. Naïve? What is talking about...?

"Wha...what are you talking about?" There was a lump in my throat that I just felt when I began talking. The surroundings around us and we were in his bedroom, he settled down on his bed, his hands still engulfing me. His face was buried in the back of my neck, tickling me, sending goosebumps down my body, but I ignored it to the best of my abilities.

"Why do you always get tied up in their.... in his web of lies?" Black Hat spoke and I have the slightest idea of who is he talking about.

"Who-who are you talking about?" I tried to get a good look at him, but I couldn't.

"So insolent" he clicked his tongue, his voice was filled with annoyance "Just shut up."

With that, I stopped asking him anything, he was quiet for a long moment. I thought he had fallen asleep, but apparently that wasn't the case. He spoke again. Was he thinking...?

"I will not let anyone hurt you... I will protect you" his grip tightened on me and I made the neutral face of disappointment. The one who I need to be protected from is you, idiot.

And that is right as well, the only one who has been a danger to me so far is him, and no one else.... as far as I can tell.

I wondered how it came down to this. I must be rather hey unfortunate because the chances of something like this happening are very low, only about 0.5 to 1.0 percent. At this point, I wonder if I should call this my luck or bad luck.

Suddenly, Black Hat stood up and dropped me. I yelped and held my now aching butt. I glared upon the man who gave me an amused look..... he's just messing around now, is he? This unpredictable asshole...

"Get your butt off the floor, our guest is back, and the other idiots will be back soon" he moved to the door of his room and exited. Most likely he went to his office.

I quickly shuffled off the floor, dusted off my maid like outfit, and followed after him. However, he was faster, because when I reached the office, he was already in his office, checking up on the other three.

"J-jefecito! We are so sorry!" Flug spoke from the screen and I knocked on the door.

"Come in" my boss spoke and I entered the room, going immediately to stand by his side, keeping my head down.

I noticed the trio on the screen. They looked terrible. They were hiding in some dark place, and all three were badly wounded. Really badly. What happened?

"You idiots can't even deal with a simple job" he growled and I winced. "I can't believe I will have to dispose of this guy personally, what a pain" he stood up and turned to me, his gaze pondering. He clicked his tongue. "Stay right here and tend to our guest, just don't look at her face" he said and disappeared into a mess of random limbs. I shivered. Following my boss's orders, I kept my head down.

It wasn't long before my boss reappeared. He handed a golden coloured pin to the female. Near the door a messed up heap of wounded bodies appeared. I wonder again seeing Flug, Demencia and 5.O.5 tangled together.

"Here is proof that the job is done" he said.

"Thank you sir, it's been a pleasure doing business for you" the female said, and my eyes turned to her before I could fathom it, and red lights went out in my head.

Her face.... no, it was normal except for the black hole right in the middle of her face that didn't had any eyes, nose or mouth. Her hair were black and her skin a soft rosy red. Yet the void...

My body froze on the spot, my gaze fixed on her face. She turned to me and disappeared in smoke. I collapsed, unable to stand up.

Black Hat turned to me and was surprised. He shook his head before I felt my surroundings change. However, my demons were let free into my mind, I cousins think of anything else than them, that is, until Black Hat patted my head sternly.

I jumped up as if pulled out of a trance. I was in my room. When I turned to Black Hat, tears filled my eyes and I curled up.

"That's why I told you not to see" he sighed and patted my head again. I sniffed.

"I know, I'm sorry" I curled tighter.

"Go and sleep, I'll see you at dinner" he said and disappeared. That's right, maybe sleeping would help..... only if I don't gt anymore nightmares...