Chapter 13

I'm so sorry everyone.... for this betrayal...
______
(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I was trying to get some sleep when I heard a thud. I slowly sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes, looking around to see if anything had fallen down. Turns out, the room was fairly normal, everything in its place.

I fell asleep again until I heard another thud, louder this time. I sat up abruptly and looked around, only to find a dark figure on the floor. I opened my mouth to scream, but a cloth covered my mouth, binding and restricting it from moving, and screaming. The cloth was bright blue, made from the threads that Arthur uses, he is fast with his weaving and I'm aware too.

That terrified me even more as I struggled, only to get bound by more threads as the figure hurriedly get up and pinned me down to the bed, retracting the threads binding my body, I wasn't cut luckily.

"Shhh (y/n), its me, Arthur" he whispered as his worried eyes stared into my teary ones. "Please calm down, I am not here to hurt you, please, I beg you, just listen me out" tears filled his eyes as one dropped on my face. I stopped struggling. "You won't scream" he asked hopefully. I nodded my head and he retracted the cloth, unweaving it into the fine threads and retracting them.

"What do you want?" I asked when he released me.

"I just wanted to talk" he sat properly, looking at his lap. I leaned against the bed rest as glared at him.

"There is nothing to talk about Arthur" I looked away from his crying self.

"Please, I have no way to prove to you that I am not the killer, but just please trust me" he sobbed slightly.

"If its not you, then who's the killer?" I felt curious and somewhat relieved that my friend didn't kill my family.

"Its Black Hat" he spoke after taking a huge breath.

"You're lying, Black Hat would never do that" I whisper yelled.

"Tell me (y/n), what makes you think he wouldn't? And what makes you think I would?" Arthur's gaze snapped to me, there was determination in them.

"I.... Well, he said that he would never hurt my family" I spoke, feeling hesitant now.

"He's a demon (y/n), how can you believe him so easily? Demons are the best at lying... How could you think that I would kill my own friends, and the family and friends of someone I love?" Arthur was sad.

"I... What if I believe you're right?" I looked at him. He seemed serious.

"Then you'll also have to believe that you are in big trouble" he said seriously.

"I don't understand! I don't understan-" my pained sentences were cut off when someone put their lips on mine. Arthur kissed me passionately, sweetly, his kiss was filled with love, which I could see in his eyes when he parted. He tangled one of his hand in my hair and rested the other around my waist. He rested his forehead against mine, just like Black Hat had done a couple days ago.

"If you don't understand, then that's fine, I'll help you, I'll protect you through everything, until you understand and until you are safe, I will protect you even then until I die" he said with a soft smile, I searched his eyes, I could tell he meant every single word.

(A/n: what is this?!? A reverse harem!? This is supposed to be a Black Hat x reader!!! What are you doing Arthur!? You were supposed to help her and tell her who's the killer, not kiss her! You're not following the script you idiot!
Arthur: well, its not my fault I fell for her, I'll do anything to keep her safe, so piss off)

"I believe you" I told him, and he looked grateful, before he hugged me.

"Thank you so much" his voice broke as he cried in my arms. I smiled as I embraced him, patting his back and soothing him. "I promise to the stars (y/n), I'll protect you till I die" he whispered.

"Well, try to live if you can, I can't lose the very last of my family" I smiled at him as he nodded.

"(Y/n), I'm not sure what you feel, but there is something I want to tell you" his grip faltered as he took a deep breath. I furrowed by eyebrows in confusion.

"What is it?" I asked him, urging him to go on. His grip tightened until he let go and went back to staring in my eyes.

"I am in love with you (y/n)" he spoke, I could literally see the words in his eyes.

"Wha-?" I was surprised, and a blush appeared on my face.

"Its fine if you don't love me back, bit I just wanted to tell you. Its so hard and  impossible going on each day without you, without your smile, without your kindness. Whenever you walked, smiled, laughed, or even cried, my heart felt like it would burst out any moment. Seeing you happy always made my day, and whenever you were sad, I couldn't stand it, I just couldn't, I was addicted to your smile and the sad face terrified me. I felt like heavens themselves cried with you. My feelings were getting so hard to control, as if they were a time bomb, I just couldn't hold them in any longer, I just couldn't, it was impossible, I just had to tell you, you don't need to love me back, just knowing that you care is enough for me" Arthur confessed, blushing fifty shades of red. I was red too.

"Arthur... I...." I began crying and he panicked.

"Oh god, did I do something wrong? I'm sorry for making you sad, please don't cry (y/n) please" he quickly wiped my tears and held my face in his hands like I was a porcelain doll, I couldn't help but cry harder.

"No, you didn't make me sad, I'm just sorry for getting Jason killed, for getting Izet-" I stopped when I was pulled into an embrace, a comforting embrace.

"Its fine, I still have you, and I feel blessed for that" he petted my head gently as he held my crying form. I just couldn't stop, it has been so long since anyone has shown me this type of kindness, love and care, everything that happened, every cut, bruise, injury and forgotten tears came to me at once, and I didn't stop them, I let them out.

"Thank you..." I said once I was done.

"No need" Arthur whispered kindly "its the least I can do for my love."

All I could do was smile as I savored his scent, he smelled like mint and new clothes, a weird combination.
_____________

*hiding from Black Hat shaking* I'm back from my trip, so expect more updates.

Black Hat:*rage*