Chapter 28: That earned him a pillow to the face.

Warning: Mild sexual content

Life was great.

After recent events, it felt like a massive weight had been lifted off our shoulders now that Stacey Bennett wasn't a part of our lives anymore.

For the first couple of weeks, Aiden was still not back to his normal self. Despite everything, I knew that he loved her so it was inevitable for him to feel heartbroken. He was a lot quieter than usual, putting on a facade that made it seem like he was okay. I made it known to him that I was always available to talk to, for which he was grateful for. But from throwing himself into football and school work, Aiden managed to become his usual self again as he started to heal.

He even swore off girls for a while, stating that he wanted to concentrate on his future, starting with finals.

Speaking of school, the news of Coral Springs power couple breaking up spread around like wildfire and it was all I ever heard about for a while. The rumours that people made up were absolutely insane. But after Aiden and Nixon gave out death glares, everyone became too scared to mention it again.

The relationship between my brother and my boyfriend has also been a big change recently. Maybe they weren't best buddies yet, but they were more than civil and my brother actually seemed to be making an effort.

"What's on your mind baby?"

Nixon's voice brought me out of my thoughts as we were cuddling on the couch together. We were currently home alone, his mom and sister were out for the day, which meant we had his whole house to ourselves.

"I was just thinking about how much has changed recently," I smiled up at the handsome boy I loved.

"Oh yeah, like what?" He planted a soft kiss at the top of my nose.

"Like slutty Stacey being out of lives, and your relationship with Aiden,"

Nixon laughed shaking his head. "I still can't believe that was your name for her all this time,"

"What?" I laughed back. "It was true wasn't it? I mean the girl literally did a strip tease in the middle of the school cafeteria last year,"

"Thank god I wasn't there," He shuddered in disgust which made me laugh. Nixon cupped my cheek gently as his fingers stroked my soft skin. He was looking at me with so much love that I couldn't help but smile at him in awe. "You're so beautiful, you know that?"

I felt my cheeks redden at his comment and he kissed me softly on my lips. I eventually deepened the kiss as I straddled him and raked my hands through his brown locks. Breaking the kiss to take a breath, I spoke.

"Nixon?" I whispered.

"Yeah?" His voice was hoarse as we were both breathing heavily.

"I think I'm ready," I said as my eyes bore into his. His expression dawned with realization as he knew exactly what I was referring to.

"Are you sure?" He asked tenderly as he cupped my face. "We can wait for as long as you want,"

I nodded. "I've been thinking about it for a while now. You're pretty much it for me Nixon. You're the boy I fell in love with, there's nobody else I want to do life with,"

The look I was receiving filled my heart with so much warmth, which showed nothing but love and joy.

"I'm crazy in love with you Mara Ellsworth. You're it for me too. You're my everything,"

And with that, his lips were on mine.

The electricity that surged through my body was overwhelmingly amazing and it wasn't a feeling I had ever felt before. As our kiss deepened, Nixon stood us up with my legs wrapped tightly around his waist and held me up like I weighed nothing.