Chapter 29: So your girl was a little nervous. Sue me.

"If you keep chewing on your fingers like that Mara you won't have any left,"

My head jerked up to look at Izzy who was sat across from me. We were currently in the library, occupying a table along with Kay, Ethan and Nixon. The day of our SATs had finally arrived and there was less than half an hour to go.

So your girl was a little nervous. Sue me.

"She's right Mara Moo. You're sexy and have the brains. What have you got to worry about?" Ethan winked at me which led my boyfriend to elbowing him in the stomach.

"I don't understand how none of you are freaking out," I huffed.

"There's no point now that's why. We've done all that we can so let's just hope for the best," Kayla chimed in.

Considering what's been going on at home, Kay was doing pretty well. She used the perfect timing of the SATs as an opportunity to escape from reality and study her butt off as a distraction. I really admired her for that. Me and Izzy were there for her on the odd occasion where she'd break down, listening to her rants. That's all we could do at this point, but it was enough.

"I know but not only is law school at stake here, I have to beat him," I looked pointedly to my right where my handsome as ever boyfriend sat smirking.

"You two are goals,"

"You two are crazy,"

Both of my best friends spoke at the same time, the goals comment belonging to Izzy.

Nixon wrapped his arm around my shoulder, bringing me into his chest and planted a kiss at the top of my head. "You've got this baby. And don't worry about whether you beat my score or not, you'll always be a winner in my eyes,"

At that comment, it was now my turn to elbow him.

A few hours later, we were finally free. I let out a big breath of relief as I left the room and waited up for everyone. The girls were out first and we brought each other in for a group hug. A few seconds later, two more large muscular bodies joined in as we all groaned in protest at being squished.

"You boys are too strong for your own good," I whined as we all stepped back.

Ethan flexed his arms and kissed them. "These guns are beautiful,"

"Not as beautiful as Nixon's," I turned to plant a kiss on my handsome boyfriend's cheek who looked as smug as anything at his best friend.

We started to make our way out of the school, with me and Nixon in the lead. He had his arm around my shoulder as we walked.

"So how did you find it?"

"It was okay, not as bad as I expected it to be. I'm just glad that it's over," I replied to Nixon's question smiling.

"Tell me about it. Now I get to have fun all summer with my beautiful girlfriend," Nixon winked.

I smirked knowingly at what he meant by fun.

After enjoying a celebratory meal together as a group, we went our separate ways. Nixon decided to come home with me so we could spend time with each other in private.

Having the huge house to ourselves landed us to where we were now currently, which was in my bed. Our naked bodies were wrapped in my white sheets as my head lay on Nixon's chest. He was gently running his fingers through my hair as I spoke.

"It's crazy right?"

"What is?" Nixon hummed.

"That we only have one more year left of high school. Before we know it we'll be in college and then out in the big bad world,"