Chapter 14: "Ha! I'm a sexy Rudolph,"

"Hat,"

"What?"

Sighing deeply Ethan gave me a look. "Give me your hat Mara Moo,"

"What, why?"

"You ask way too many questions just give me the dang hat," Before I could blink my hat disappeared and I was left to smooth down my now messy hair.

"There's no need to be so aggressive Ross," I muttered.

Ethan faced away from me and tossed my hat into the car, joining me back onto the sidewalk a moment after. He started to lead the way and the feeling of self consciousness crept its way in as we walked past groups of people who were talking and laughing amicably.

The girls were all in short tight dresses paired with high heels, faces full of make-up and with their hair done. In comparison I looked like a plain little school girl.

As if he could read my mind, Ethan nudged me gently and put his left arm over my shoulder. "You look way more beautiful and hotter than all these girls put together. Any guy with decent taste would know that,"

"What are you talking about?" Of course I opted to play the dumb card.

"Nice try Mara Moo but I can read you like an open book,"

Sighing in defeat I replied. "Am I really that obvious?"

"Just to us who pay attention," He smiled at me warmly.

I immediately felt more at ease and I really couldn't ignore the shiver of excitement I felt as the music thumping from behind the club doors got louder. My inner geek was starting to come out of its cage, finally getting the club it wanted.

We stopped as we almost reached the front. "Wait here a sec for me,"

Nodding, I stood in my place trying not to look as awkward as I felt as Ethan made his way to the very muscular and scary bouncer stood by the glass double doors. He immediately had a look of recognition and gave Ethan a 'bro' hug. After a few short moments Ethan called me over and took my hand.

"You ready?" Ethan looked down at me with a grin. I took a deep breath and mimicked his expression. He was so right, I needed this.

More importantly, I deserved this.

"Hell yeah,"

As we walked in I thought that it was beyond amazing.

The massive room in front of me was busy, loud and bright. Red, blue and green neon lights were flashing everywhere with an enormous lively crowd dancing in the middle where the dance floor was.

People were crowding around the DJ deck, laughing and shouting. The loud Hip Hip music was booming and reverberating through every inch of space there was. Looking up there were several balconies where people were sat at tables and some were watching over at the centre crowd.

Waitresses in tight black dresses with trays of drinks and bottles maneuvering their way through the bustling crowds. This was way better than the house party.

I appreciated Ethan letting me soak our surroundings in as I watched around in awe.

"Hey come on, let's get a drink," He shouted over the music and started tugging me by my hand. We made our way to the long bar surrounded by crowds of people.

There were four bartenders in total and I was mesmerised by the movements of their hands and how they used the shakers. I started to get a little anxious as we reached closer. I'd never had a proper drink before. My dad letting me try a sip of his wine doesn't really count.