Chapter 9: Sweetie saves the day.

"OK, so now that we have our situation settled, we can-" the cat was interrupted by a sound coming from the machine on the throne. "Ah, you all here that? It's time for EVERYONE to feel the wrath of Dr. Klaw!"

"Ssssire," Scratch warned. "I don't think that'ssss the ssssound the machine sssshould make."

Just as Klaw turned around, what he saw was the worst-possible outcome he could imagine. During his monologue with the world-ruling and murdering and wagers and whatnot, Sweetie and Busby had somehow sneaked away and got to the machine. Carefully, Sweetie had placed Bubsy in the machine, overriding it.

"SWEETIE!?" the PAW Patrol collectively shouted.

The Terrier just smirked. "Well Klaw, you have no machine," she said. "And no machine means no world domination."

"So you wanna play dirty, huh?" Klaw warned. He then pushed a button on Sally, converting the knife into a pistol. He was about to pull the trigger before the ground began shaking - whatever Busby was doing to the machine it was causing the entire castle to fall apart.

"RETREAT!" Klaw said just as he was knocked back by a giant piece of debris, slamming him into the wall.

"SSSSIRE," Scratch called as he rushed over to his master. "WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!"

"GUH!" Gorge added.

The PAW Patrol, Sweetie, princess, and Earl figured they should get out too. The Westie Terrier grabbed Busby and rushed through the throne room as Rubble and Ryder freed the trapped pups. Chase jumped out of his seat almost immediately after being freed, and grabbed Skye by the collar, and just in time too - one second later and she would have been crushed by a chandelier. It was a rather hectic situation, but everyone thankfully escaped.

Well, almost everyone.

"Is everyone alright?" Ryder asked. "Are all the pups here?"

"Present and accounted for," Chase said, catching his breath.

"WAIT!" Earl said. "WHERE IS HER HIGHNESS!?"

"Oh no," everyone collectively thought as they turned to the doorway. There was Sweetie and the princess, running towards the exit. However, they both noticed that a rather large piece of debris was falling on them.

"Oh my pooch," the princess said in horror. "We're not going to make it!"

"No," the Westie Terrier said. "BUT YOU ARE!"

Using the last of whatever strength she had left, she pushed the princess forward, thankfully enough to get out of the falling castle. Unfortunately for Sweetie however, the large pillar fell and crushed her.

"SWEETIE!" everyone shouted as the castle continued breaking down. There was no time for mourning - everyone had to get out of there! They all went behind the fountain, watching the castle crumble to pieces. In a few seconds, the entire castle was leveled. The majestic beauty of Barkingburg's royal family, the housing home of generations of kings and queens, it was all gone.

Just to add salt to the wound, in the distance they could see Klaw, Scratch, and Gorge using Sally to fly away from the disaster.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" Chase angrily yelled.

"Mark my words," Klaw yelled. "You have not heard the last of the great Dr. Klaw! I will be back, and..." his words trailed off as Sally started making odd noises.

"Gorge, did you oil Sally's propellers like I told you to?" Klaw asked with a stern voice.

"GUUUH!" Gorge bellowed.

"WHAT!?" Scratch exclaimed. "He never told me to oil Ssssally!"

The cats would have continued arguing if Sally's propellers haven't stopped spinning, causing them all to fall into the nearby ocean below. Hopefully, this was the last the world would ever see of Klaw.

Everyone remained silent for a few seconds until the princess came to a realization.

"SWEETIE!" she screeched, and the pups, Ryder, and Earl remember how the pup sacrificed herself to save the princess. They wall went to the castle - well, what was left of it anyway - and began digging through the rubble. She was eventually found under a pillar by Ryder.

"MARSHALL!" he called. The Dalmatian came almost immediately.

"Get your ambulance truck," the boy ordered. "We need to Save Sweetie!"

"Yes Ryder, sir!" Marshall saluted as he zipped as fast as his legs could carry him to the Mission PAW Cruiser, getting his ambulance.