Chapter 2: An Urgent Calling for the PAW Patrol.

OOF!" came a rather sudden yelp.

"Maybe I should be on bottom," a Chocolate Labrador suggested.

"No no, I got it," a Dalmation reassured.

"C'mon guys, hold still!" a Cockapoo commanded.

"Hey, get your paw out of my face!" a mixed breed shouted.

"Sorry," an English Bulldog replied.

"I'm losing my balance, amigos," a Chihuahua complained.

"Are you almost there?" a Husky asked.

"Yeah, almost," a German Shepherd answered. "Just a little to the left."

These pups were on a rescue mission. Well, not really a "mission" per say. More like an attempt at getting a baby bird back to its mothers nest. They were the PAW Patrol after all - it was second nature to help anyone in need. Though these pups were considering rethinking their plan; they decided to stack on top of each other to try and get the baby bird back to its nest. It may not have been the most efficient idea, but it was certainly an adorable sight to behold.

On the bottom was Marshall, the team's medic. He was known for his infamous mess-ups, accidents, and especially slips and falls, all things he must endure as accident prone. Regardless, he has proved himself time and time again to be a valued team member. On top of Marshall was Zuma, who was trained to handle missions out in the water thanks to his special gear. Though this Chocolate Labrador's laid-back demeanor may not make him seem like a good rescuer, the speed he can go from slacker to soldier certainly does. Above him was mixed breed Rocky, who was the team's eco-friendly member. Though his talent for recycling is not useful on many missions, he more than makes up for it with his useful tools such as screwdrivers and his signature ultra-hand. Rubble, who was standing above Rocky, was the youngest of the group, but his construction skills make him just as helpful as the rest of the team. He's always willing to help those in need, as well as his pup pals by "making their leftovers disappear".

Whereas Rubble was the youngest of the group, Everest was the eldest... but was somehow a little smaller than the English Bulldog. She became one of the new members of the PAW Patrol thanks to saving her now-caretaker Jake in the North Pole, and her skills with plowing snow and ice proved to be more than helpful on missions. Tracker was the newest member of the group, and was promoted to PAW Patrol member about two weeks prior after rescuing Carlos from a hole in the ground. His skills in the jungle were quite helpful on several occasions. Standing on top of Tracker was Skye, a Cockapoo and used to be the only girl in the group before Everest joined the gang. She had special gear such as wings equipped to be able to handle missions in the sky that were out of the other pups' reach. Finally, the pup at the top was Chase; being the first pup and founder of the PAW Patrol, he was the leader of this all-variety team. Though all-business during missions, Chase still did let loose and have fun when off work.

"Hold still Marshall," Rocky ordered.

"I'm trying," the Dalmatian replied. "But it's kinda hard balancing nine pups on my back at once."

"Vamanos mis amigos!" Tracker said, his native tongue slipping in. "I can't hold much longer!"

"How do you think I feel?" Zuma asked.

"Almost... there..." Chase muttered as he reached for the nest. He managed to reach the branch, allowing the baby bird to climb on and return to its mother. They chirped in thankfulness.