3.First Day

My alarm went off at 6:45am and I dragged myself out of bed and went downstairs to eat some cereal. Once I had done that I put my clothes for the day on, which were some ripped blue skinny jeans and a jack wills hoodie with my good old checkered vans, and did some casual makeup. I put my hair in Dutch braids and then went downstairs.

Mom:Hey sweetie you all ready?
Lily:Yup I'm gonna go now
Mom:Okay have a good day!
Lily:I'll try!

Time skip to homeroom

I walked into my home room and saw that everyone looked my way. I felt as if they were judging me as the 'new kid' so I just decided to let it slide and go over to the teachers desk to ask where to sit.

Lily:Hi I'm Lily Hampton and I'm new where should I sit?
Teacher:Hello Lily my name is Ms Norbury and you can sit in any of the empty seats that are around the room
Lily:Okay

After about 25 minutes the bell rang and I made my way to first lesson which appeared to be English with Mr Greaves. Ha his name sounds so grim. I didn't know where the room was so I just wandered around until I found it and it was quite easy to find so I wasn't even late.

We were learning about the Shakespearean times and our task was to write an essay as a young child back in those times.

I started off good but then I found myself zoning out. I have no friends yet so where do I go at lunch? Oh god I don't know. Mr greaves walked up to me and snapped me out of my thought process.

Mr Greaves:Come on Lily you've done a great start now get on with some more of it please.

Ew he spat when he was talking to me. It's okay Lil just ignore it and wait for him to walk away.

When the bell went I was so happy because I had been praying that mr greaves wouldn't come over again. I definitely don't like this class after that little fiasco.

Lunch

I bought a sandwich for dinner and a bottle of water. I looked around the canteen for somewhere to sit and then I saw a little table of four with only one person on it. It was that Corbyn boy from the music room yesterday so I decide to go sit with him.

Lily:Hey Corbyn is it?
No answer
Lily:Are you okay?
He low key nodded but didn't look at me
Lily:Okay how come your on your own?
No answer
Lily:It's okay if you don't want to talk

He looked up a little and his green eyes met with my blue eyes. For the first time I saw a small smile develop on his face but then his head returned to its earlier position again.

Lily:I saw you yesterday in the music room when I was being shown around. Your really good at the guitar!

He took out his phone and typed something before showing me it:

Thank you

Lily:It's okay so how come you don't talk? But if you don't want me to know then that's okay

Once again he typed something else:

I'm mute. I don't really like telling people why though

Lily:Oh right that's okay I didn't expect you to want to tell me.

He smiled again and raised his head a little without putting it back down again.

Word Count:601