t w e n t y f i v e

Z H O U L I A N 

It's been over twenty four hours since I've been stuck in this hospital, and I can't wait to get out of this plain sight of the room.

It always remind me of how scary things can get in hospitals. Creepy. Oh, I swear the curtain moved by itself last night after Kun went to the restroom.

The place doesn't give me good vibes one bit.

I woke up this morning with Kun by my side which surprised me since I really thought he'd occupy the couch by the stretcher bed. I mean it's a whole lot more comfortable than a stool.

As best as I could, I tried heaving myself up to lean onto the bed trying not to wake Kun up. He didn't look like he was having the best time sleeping.

There was a pout on his face and angry wrinkles on his forehead. I tried smoothing them out as best as I could. He didn't wake up which was surprising.

He needs more sleep anyway. 

My phone buzzed and led me to grab it with my left hand since Kun was still holding onto my right hand. I unlocked the screen and saw a notification from the school.

My first thought was that it was going to be about me not getting on that plane to my parents, but it wasn't that at all.

"Dear Rainy Day, 

The period of the DAEHAN UNIVERSITY: CROSS DEPT. LETTER has ended. We thoroughly wished you enjoyed the communication between the other student at Daehan University! For the cooperation of the HR department of our university and hopeful continuation of this activity in future years, we ask that you complete a three question survey that is provided by the link below."

[link]

"Congratulations Rainy Day,

You have successfully completed the DAEHAN UNIVERSITY: CROSS DEPT. LETTER activity for this year.

Would you like to know your partner? If so, please click in the link below."

[link]

As soon I clicked on it, it was like the universe calling to tell me what I already knew. Something I needed to let out. After all that has happened, it's time to fulfill that calling.

"Rainy Day,

Your partner, X.DAN, is Qian Kun. He is a senior at Daehan University who is studying behavioral science and vocal performance. In his submission, he wrote 'I joined this letter program because my professor verbally forced me, but mainly because a friend of mine told me that her partner could possibly someone in our friend group. I hope I get her as partner just because.' We hope you have learned the great benefits of this activity!"

Good day,

Daehan University HR 

The next moment flew in and Kun was rubbing the sleepiness out his eyes and slightly pouting at me.

"I was hoping to wake up before you," He says as he smiles at me then eyes the phone in my hand.

"And why is that?"

"So that I can surprise you with tea or stare at your face a little longer and be thankful that I am beside you... the list goes on, but it all has to do with you," He smiles with a glow on his cheeks. 

"How sweet, but please, that shouldn't stop you from being so kind to me," I told him back looking at him in the eyes. The flecks in his eyes shining like a spark of electricity.

He eyes my phone again and asks, "What were you reading?"

"Nothing, it was just the university sending me who my partner was. I'm sure you should've gotten yours by now too," I told him, and beckoned him to check his phone, "Go ahead, I wanna know too,"

He smirks and goes for his phone, and I waited for the smile and his cheekbones to flare the way they do when he gets excited. 

"Lian... It's you... but why didn't tell me earlier?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise, of course," 

"Aren't you a little mischievous for being have gone through last night?" 

"No, just a lot in love," I smile and chuckle. He went speechless.

He took me in his arms in an embrace and I did to him. He felt so warm and comfortable, and I felt so safe. 

"I love you, Zhou Lian, and I always will," He says by my ear.

"And I love you, Qian Kun," 

-

finally i've been waiting for this moment

;)

have a good day/night, loves!