e i g h t

DAEHAN UNIVERSITY: CROSS DEPT. LETTER

RIANY DAY
HOPES&DREAMS
AUGUST 25, 2018

Dear X. Dan,

First of all, I read your letter. Thanks for writing back to me at least. I've heard that most people dodged the opportunity to write to one another.

So the question is about hopes and dreams... Upon my friend's request, I actually have to write earnestly this time so I apologise ahead of time if you get bored and skip halfway through this.

When people ask me this, there's no hesitation from me to avoid answering. There's so much that I hope for, but in the end, I realize it's not worth it.

Maybe I'm just terribly unlucky, but I can't be that unlucky to always be disappointed in the turn of events.

Maybe it's because it's the world telling me to stop trying so much, setting such high standards, and expecting consistency.

Maybe it's because the people who I've always hoped for- they leave me behind alone by an airport with false hope. Reaching for the clouds have led me into not trusting people fully and not being faithful to commitments.

Well, there's that.

Dreams...

I guess don't have any, nor do I chase any either. I only have goals which include graduating and getting my degree and becoming a part of a company that will see my potential.

Sincerely,

riany day