• T W E N T Y - O N E •

•Rye's POV•

*I watch him walking away and I just stay in the same position thinking.
I need to do what makes me happy and I love this boy so much, his happiness is my happiness and I can't keep fighting against my feelings, I can't keep pretending being someone that I'm not, I need to talk with my manager.
I call a taxi to pick me up and I tell the driver the address of my hotel, after some minutes I'm in front of my manager's door.
My hands are sweating and shaking and my heart is beating really fast, I take a deep breath and knock on the door*

Manager: "Rye finally! Where were you?"

Rye: "With a friend."

Manager: "You were with him, weren't you?" *I look away* "Again? We talked about this."

Rye: "No we didn't talked about this, you made me do something I didn't want to do and because of that I hurt him so I went to talk with him and I made a decision after our conversation."

*He looks to me confused*

Manager: "What are you talking about?"

Rye: "We need to talk."

Manager: "We are talking."

Rye: "Not here, this room freaks me out."

Manager: "Okay, you already had lunch?" *I shake my head* "Me neither, we can go eat, let me just call Jessica."

Rye: "No, this is a conversation just between us, I don't want her there."

*My manager nods and grabs his things before leaving the hotel, we walk a little bit and stop in a restaurant, we sit on a table and order our food*

Manager: "Can you please tell me what's so important?"

*I take a deep breath and start talking*

Rye: "You're my manager since the beginning of this band but if you can't respect what I am we need to find other manager or I need to leave the band."

Manager: "What?"

Rye: "Your plan with Jessica was evil and it hurt me so much, you have no idea... it hurt me for different and many reasons but mostly because I trusted you, I thought you more than anyone else would understand. I like boys, I'm gay since I can even remember and I'm not ashamed, I can like whoever I want and be attracted to whoever I want and you can think it's wrong as you want but it won't change that."

Manager: "So you really like boys?"

Rye: "Yes and nothing you say will change that."

*He looks to me but I can't understand what he's thinking about this whole thing, but his answer surprises me*

Manager: "I'm sorry Ryan, I only thought about your career and not in your happiness. If you want to be with him I can't be against that, I did what I thought was the right thing but I was wrong and I hurt you."

Rye: "I understand..."

*My manager gets up and makes me a signal and I get up too, he smiles to me and hugs me saying he's really sorry about everything*

Manager: "So this means you are ready?"

Rye: "For what?"

Manager: "If you want to be with that boy you need to explain a lot of things and I won't do that for you, are you ready to speak in public about this?"

*I think about Andy, how much I love him and how much I want to be with him*

Rye: "Yes, I want to turn this public, I won't hide this anymore, it's not healthy."

Manager: "And how are you going to do this?"

*I look to my lap thinking and an idea crosses my mind*

Rye: "Do you still have the contact of the interviewer that was here in London with us?"

Manager: "The one you yelled at?"

Rye: "That one."

Manager: "I think so."

Rye: "Call her and mark an interview for tomorrow morning at 11am in the hotel, say that is urgent and necessary. Also can you please call Harvey, Jack and Brook, I want them there too."

Manager: "Yes I can but what are you going to do?"

Rye: "You'll see, please do that. I need to make a call."

*He nods and I go outside the restaurant taking my phone off my pocket*

'Rye: Hello? Sonny?'

'Sonny: Who is this?'

'Rye: It's me, Rye.'

'Sonny: Rye? How do you have my number?'

'Rye: Andy gave it to me but that's not important, can you do me a favor?'

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩
Thank you so much for reading the seventh  chapter of "In a Heartbeat", I hope you like it
Please vote and comment what you think about this chapter

Love you all, Maria ❥