Girl Meets New Teacher

John Quincy Adams Middle School: English Class

"Where's Garaboski?" Maya asked as her, Riley, Farkle and Lucas sat in their English class.

"Uh-oh." Lucas says.

"Did we do it?" Riley asked.

"Did we finally break him?" Farkle asked.

Cory walked into the class, Olivia and Shane hand-in-hand behind him, "You broke him."

"Yay!"

"Quiet! Mr. Garaboski retired yesterday." Cory told the middle schooler's as they cheered once more.

"Yeah!"

"Quiet! The guy survives Vietnam and Mrs. Garaboski, and he can't get past you."

The kids smiled at each other.

"Now, he left a letter here that expresses his feelings." Cory opened the letter in his hand, "Dear, you little... Okay, I can't read this."

Olivia took the paper from her brother's hands, reading it with Shane doing the same as he stood behind his girlfriend.

"Ohh." The two cringed at the words on the paper.

"He always talked about the good old days before 1985." Lucas told him.

"What happen in 1985?" Riley asked.

"That was the year the New York board of education said you couldn't hit a kid with a ruler." Farkle tells her.

"Bored of education? I do believe I am." Maya joked.

"Well, now you're gonna need a new English teacher." Cory tells them.

"I hated English class." Shane made a face.

"Baby, you're in College to become an English Major." Olivia told him.

"Why did I do that?" Shane mumbled to himself.

"That's okay, thanks." Maya tells him.

"Uh, I don't know, Maya." Lucas looked out the window. "You may want to consider this one."