The King and The Killer

Start from the beginning

Kamal's face started getting blue. He didn't struggle to get out. His eyes started rolling up and his body began to go limp. Sanam signalled Mrunal to hand over his pagdi. He then slowly got up unfolding the pagdi and twisted it into a makeshift noose. Moving behind Wahid Islami who had almost taken out the life of Kamal Agnihotri, he slid the noose around his neck, stamped his foot on his back just below the neck and in a swift motion pulled the cloth back.

Crrkk..

Everyone heard the crack of his bones. Sanam had broken his neck in a matter of seconds. And then he let go of the cloth and Wahid's lifeless body fell on top of Kamal. While the rest of them watched in fear, horror and in silence, Kamal coughed roughly for air and breathed back slowly gaining his normal facial tone and control of his body. He rubbed his throat and pushed his attacker's weight off of him.

"Shekhar bhi kamaal karthe hein dekho!! Case ka patha lagaane gaya tha aur pehli nazar mein hi bedroom ka patha laga liya tamaatar!! Uske baad se Kamal ko bhejta aaya hun!" Sanam casually said as he went back to his spot and made himself comfortable in the carpet and the cushions.

Bilal Khan kept staring at the corpse of his friend Wahid as blood started to ooze from all of his facial orifices. The others didn't know where to look and instead looked at Sanam for their next reaction.

Mrunal signalled for the guards to carry the corpse outside and away.

"Haan tuh kya keh raha tha Dubey?" Sanam broke the silence. He signalled all to sit back down.

"Uh-uh.. w-woh haan! M-mein yeh keh raha tha ki...uh.. ab Ghai dulhaniya ke shaadi ko bas Shivam babu ka intezar hein!" Dubey said.

"Arre yeh toh bata Kamal! Baat karne kaun gaya tha?" Sanam asked and puffed in on the hookah.

"Shekhar gaya tha Bhau!" Kamal huskily said rubbing his throat. Dubey passed him a cup of soda but he snatched a bottle of whiskey from centre and gulped in a few mouthfuls.

"Sirf baat karke aa gaye bhaiyya? Yeh toh Shekhar bhaiyya keliye asaadharan hein na? Sanam Ji?!" Dubey asked.

"Shekhar ko kahin bhi kabhi bhooke bhejte nahi Dubey! Arre Kamal bata inhe dhamaaka hote dekhke kaah kaha tha woh tharki!?!" Sanam asked slapping his thigh guffawing.

"..Nandini kitni khubsoorat lag rahi thi! Woh saala agar beech mein na aata toh!!" With his vocal cord strained due to the intense choking a few minutes ago Kamal tried hard to imitate his brother. Everybody could see the bruise formed on his neck.

"Bhaiyyo! Kaah sab baat humaare baare mein??" Shekhar showed up buttoning his kurta. "Shum tayu tanne?" He asked rhetorically to Kamal.

"Arre baal toh theek kar le pehle.. aur yeh kaah nikal raha tere munh se!" Sanam said for all if the gathered eyed him up and down while he sat down cleaning the blood from his lips with his hand and smirked.

"Aap kya jaane rusi maal kaat-thi zor hein bhaiyyo!" Shekhar rubbed his hair and combed them backwards with his fingers and grabbed a drink from the table. "By the way awesome merch Mr. Manusharov!" He raised his glass to the Russian who grinned back and did the same.

"Arre Shekhar, Gunnu tere paas tha na? Kahi dikh nahi raha..." Kamal asked his brother.

"Abhi abhi toh jaaga hein bhayyo! Maza lene doh uss russi ke saath!" Shekhar smirked while lighting up a cigarette.

"Arre yeh toh baat huyi! Kabhi kabhi lagta hein ki yeh bhaisaab ki nahi, tera santhaan hein!" Kamal grinned at Sanam Ji.

"Shaayad aisa ho sakta hein Bhau! Didu ke jaane ke baad kya pataaka ko leke aaya tha jija ji!" Shekhar scratched his head flashing another shameless smirk.