Night Just Began

Nil and Simmi's heated argument continued.
"Simmi.." he tried to explain but she didn't let him.

"...Oh tum mere saath isliye the taaki tum mere saath so sako!" Simmi huffed in disgust.

"Simmi.." he tried again.

Meanwhile Rey sat down on the bench beside his girlfriend Kria, facing the lake. She didn't speak anything nor did he. He knew she didn't need to talk. She just needed to stay away from the crowd for sometime.They stayed there for more than about ten minutes and then he heard some sounds approaching them from behind.

As he turned around he saw an unknown couple he had never seen before holding each other's hands. Their eyes bulged out surprise the movement they saw Rey staring at them and apologised right away murmuring and left. That was when his eyes fell on the couple standing on the staircase a little afar. From their get up and dress, he made out it was Swayam and Sharon. Chuckling to himself he turned his attention back to Kria who was now staring at him. He felt like a deer caught in headlights and tried to smile but awkwardly.

"Nahi nahi.. jaayiye aur dekhiye!" She said being satirical to have caught her boyfriend's fluttering attention.

"Kya? N-Nahi..!! Mein toh bas.." he stammered. He was terrified of this side of his girl.

"Haan koi ladki khadi hogi wahaan kahi hein na? Jaao! Wahi jaao! Yahaan kyun baitha hein? Bina baaton ke!"

"No! No! Kria darling tumhaari kasam mein ladkiyon ko nahi dekh raha tha!" He promised her holding his throat. And for a more dramatic effect he kept his right palm over her head that she swiftly hit away with hers.

"Haan ab meri kasam kha lo aur mere na hone par toh kar sakte ho na baaki ladkiyon ki peecha?" She scolded him.

"Kria.. baby tumhe hua kya hein? I love you yar! I love you!! Mein toh Swayam aur Sharon ko dekh raha tha bas.. dekho tum bhi dekho wahaan!...dekho!" He pointed them out to Kria who sighed in response.

Meanwhile Swayam's face tensed up listening to her say that she remembered. She sobbed slowly probably trying to find the words she wanted to say. Swayam found himself in a contradicting situation of his impatience awaiting to hear her statement and of his fear of hearing what she wanted to say. He offered her his hand-kerchief which she received politely. And finally she took a deep breath and sighed.

"I want you to hear this from my mouth while I am sober. I have made many mistakes in my life. Some of them repeatedly. You know.. Even as the truth was in front of me... I chose not to see it and look where that has brought me... As I look back I feel like I want to change all that I did. All that I have done. Including the time when I met you." She started saying while Swayam tried to hold onto his patience.

"..from where I stand, I don't know much about you.. while you know an awful lot about me! ...I dont know how but I find my family close to you.. while I haven't even seen your family! ....I thought I knew everything Swayam... that happened in and around but now.... now I know that I've never known things... Things that even happened in front of me." She said while staring at the lake.

"Neither do I know what goes on in my family nor do I know what goes on where I'm around. How pathetic is that??" She paused to look at Swayam.

"I know that you know what I'm talking about..."

"Sharon... I..."

"I want you to just tell me whether I deserve to know those things that are kept away from me or not..."

"Sharon.. I don't think this is a good time to discuss this..." He said.

"No! Don't evade me this time Swayam! Bas mujhe yeh bataao ki mujhe andhere mein hi rehna hoga? Kya mujhe itni bhi haq nahi ki mein yeh jaanu ki what is going on??!" She demanded.