Two Weeks

Two weeks passed. And the following happened to everyone...

Rey had returned back to Mumbai with Sharon the following morning the team left. The Rai Prakash's had suggested the idea for Sharon to go with him and stay there for sometime with no specificity till when. Sharon agreed to Rey when he reminded her about attending their pending final year exams. Even though she got confused about the date and day, they all convinced her to not stress much and just go to Mumbai.

Sharon, at first tried to argue with her family about staying but her parents and three brothers stood adamant in there decision. When she hinted to her brother Sanjeev about the police officer having asked her to stay, they said they would take care of it and that she didn't have to worry about it.

Once in Mumbai, the team welcomed Sharon happily and invited her to the event that took place after the days. After celebrating the successful awareness event, the team organised group study sessions everyday either in Rey's house and sometimes in Sharon's house. Sharon felt happier being back with her friends and enjoying their love and care and fun in the togetherness. The team to felt joy in getting back their friend to be with them. Even though Simmi, Bharat and Vicky felt the need to let her know what actually had happened everyone she reminded them of her confusions of the skipped time gap, others kept check on the three and waited for the right time to let her know about all.

The examinations started after a week and would complete in the next three days. Apart from being a jealous girlfriend who's guy was currently giving more attention to his best friend than his girlfriend, Kria's particular attention was itself diverted towards her own home where her mother lived alone. But she got to know from the security guard that her mother had left the city for some work and would return after two weeks.

Back in New York, when Rai Prakash's family worried about how to get rid of James Corewell and also the police officer Sharon mentioned, Cole shows up at their house introducing himself to the family.

After the call Swayam made and had gotten to speak to his long time separated uncle and family, they were invited to stay in Jaipur with them for a week or two. While Swayam was asked to take rest, Sanam Ji asked only the former's parents to come there then. Even though Rishi was not sure about going, Nandini convinced him to take a chance and join with his separated family and end all the disputes between the families.

With his parents gone and his wound healing faster than expected he went around places working up ideas for the event he was planning. Taani helped him in a few inputs to the idea even though he had strictly asked her to work on her studies. With the frameworks of his plans put down, setting the finances and having talked to his celebrity friends, he had pretty much secured his work under control.

And then came a Sunday at the end of these eventful two weeks and with his sister's continued persistence Swayam decided to take a break from work and spend the whole day with his sister. That was when he had felt something gone wrong from the morning. It was during the evening time while they were watching a movie together on the couch that he observed Taani was distracted. She sat next to her brother, her chin downwards and hands supporting her cheek. He slowly switched off the television and turned over to her getting her attention.

"Meri behna ki chehre pe baarah baji huyi hein... Pooch sakta hun kyun?" He asked lovingly holding her chin up from her immersed thoughts.

"Uhm.. kuch nahi bhaiyya! Mein theekh hun!" She shook her head in negation.

"Taani, mein tumhaara bhai hun... Aur yeh jaantha hun ki tum sahi tarah se jhoot nahi bol paathi..." he knew his sister well to know her strengths as well as her weaknesses.

"W-woh bhai k-kuch nahi...m-mein t-toh..." She stammered nervously knowing she couldn't hide anything from her brother for long. They grew together for her entire lifetime for crying out loud sake.

"Kya baat hen Taani? Mujhe bataao!" He got concerned.

"Mujhe bolne ki aagya nahi hein!!" She said in one breath.

"Matlab baat Papa ne ki hein... Subah ki phone call ke baad se dekh raha hun... Kya bola unhone? Tumhaari shaadi ke baare mein toh nahi?"

"Ugh... N-nahi.. ugh Haan!"

"Taani sach sach bataao varna... Varna mein dinner nahi karunga!" He said crossing his hands. She gasped.

"Ugh meine aapki pasand waala biryani banaayi hein! Aise kaise nahi khaaoge?" She flurried.

"Tum baat bataaogi ki nahi?" Swayam changed his tone into a serious one having turned his facial expression into a grave one.

"Theekh hein.. par aap promise karo ki Tau Ji se isske baare mein baat nahi karoge!!" Oh did she want to be more safer than that!

"Theekh hein! Promise!" He promised. His curiosity had risen above the level and sinking his patience to the bottom.

"Bhai... aapko y-yaad hein chaar p-paanch hafton pehle Tau Ji hospital mein admit the.. aur aapse kuch baatein ki thi?" She asked gathering her morale.

"Haan yaad hein!! Kaise bhool sakta hun!" He recalled what his father had spoken to him that day.

(Flashback)
"Beta, humaare chale jaane se pehle hum tumse teen cheez maangna chaahte hein..."

"Pehla... Shekhawat industries ko sambhaalna hein tumhe... Doosra Taani ki shaadi kara deni hein... Aur theesra, khud shaadi karke humaare bahu ko ghar laana hein..."

"Swayam! Waada karo humse! Humaare jaane se pehle yeh dekhna chaahte hein, Swayam! Waada karo!"

"Hmm... Humein pata tha ki tum humaare baath maanoge...  Humne kuch baathein chalaaya hein Taani ki shaadi ke liye... Aur tumhaara bhi..."

"Haan toh usi baat se kuch related hein kya??" Swayam asked Taani.

"Tau ji ne Sharon se baat kiya tha uss din.. aapke aur unki shaadi ke baare mein!!"

"Whaaattt???!!" Swayam couldn't believe his ears. What Taani informed him about right then was paradoxical to his emotions. He was confused to whether be happy or shocked.

"Meine usi din chupke suni thi jab Tau Ji aur Ma baat kar rahe the iske baare mein.. Lekin aapko bataayi nahi..."

"Lekin Papa aisa kyun karega... Kuch sahi kyun nahi lag raha mujhe?" Swayam asked himself.

Questions arised in his mind such as "Why his father asked Sharon about the marriage rather than a direct talk with her family?" "Why did he approach Sharon itself for the marriage to his son?" "Does that mean Swayam's father knew about his son's feelings or was it some other reason?" "And what about Sharon..."

"Oh my god Sharon... M-mein... My god main uske saath aise kaise kar sakta hun!!!!" He asked to himself aloud.

"Kya hua?" Taani asked.

"Mujhe yeh pata nahi tha... maine usi din Sharon se jaake dosti ka haath badhaaya aur... Sh*#!!! Woh kya sochi hogi!! Ki meine use reject kiya!!? Sh*#! Sh*#!" He rubbed his forehead in distress.

"Bhai! Bhai! Please aap shaant ho jaayiye!! Please pareshaan mat huyiye!!" She held his hand.

"Mujhe usse baat karna hoga!! Abhi isi waqt!!" Without wasting a second he quickly grabbed his phone and started dialling Sharon's number and then holding it to his ear. Taani suddenly jumped up, her face gone all pale and started yelling, "BHAI! NAHI BHAI ABHI PHONE MAT KARO PLEASE!! PHONE RAKH DOH!!" She quickly caught his phone stealing it from his hold and hung up the call before it was received. The servants came running upon hearing the commotion but then returned back once Taani signalled them.

Instead of getting angry he closed his eyes recollecting the fact that Sharon had forgotten those incidents. "Sh*#! I forgot!! ...I forgot ki woh yeh sab baatein bhool gayi hein.. huh... Thanks Taani!..." He breathed.

"Ugh bhai... W-woh baat sirf wahi hi nahi hein..." She looked down, fiddling her hands on the beads of her thready white belt around her tank top.

"Kya matlab?" He looked at his sister who now looked nervous.

"Tau Ji aaj subah.... phone karke... Mujhse yeh bataaye ki... Mein aapse kahun.. ki aap Sharon se milne aur baat karne ki koshish nahi karenge jab tak Tau Ji na kahenge..."