A Week Before Yesterday

16 hours passed.
The D3 team landed in New York without any delay where Rey had arranged the seats for the plane under the impression that the funds were from their team's savings so that nobody complained further.

Once out in the airport the same familiar bus that collected them previously arrived with Cole in the front seat inviting them in.

"How was your flight guys?" He asked and they all smiled, worry written over their faces for their friend in the hospital. "It was fine Cole!" Simmi said while entering the bus.

"Should we call Sharon?" Rinni asked as they entered inside.

"Haan shaayad Swayam use dekhke theek ho jaaye!" Vicky said forgetting about the tantrum she had caused.

"Ya fir poora off bhi ho sakta hein mera dost.. uss chudail ko mat bula koi!" Bharat scolded. The rest of them glared at Rinni and Vicky where the latter even got an extra pinching from Neha.

"Haan naam bhi na le uski.." Rey said crossing his hands.

"Rey!" Kria nudged him giving a glare asking to be nice.

"So I heard your exams are nearing and stuff.." As everyone got settled in and the bus started moving, Cole decided to break the tendon again.

"Yea, its in two weeks..." Visakha replied representing the gang.

"And I heard from Swayam about an upcoming Charity event performance in Mumbai.."

"We haven't done final stage rehearsals man! And our new recruitments are awaiting for their routines we had set.." Rey said.

"..actually today evening was our first rehearsal on stage.." Kria said.

"Hey! I don't think we have met before.. hello, I'm Cole, Swayam's manager and friend.."

"I'm Kria Ghai.."

"Ofcourse Kria Ghai! I've heard lots about you from Swayam.. seen a quite lot of your performances too, online that is. You are one awesome dancer!!" He praised her. While Kria blushed and thanked Cole, Rey glared at them.

"Ladtha hein yeh bhi daate daate wayi hothpital mein admit ho daayega aad!" Amar said to which the boys except laughed at Rey.

Cole looked ahead the road as soon as the bus slowed down and said, "Guys we've reached!"

"Babu, Neha don't want to see Swayam in this haalat!"

"Kagu it's okay... Friends hein na hum uske! Hum nahi toh for kaun uske saath rahega?"

"Vicky is right Neha.. aur humein dekhke, uske puraani team dekhke woh khush ho jaayega! Aur jaldi theek bhi ho jaayega!" Rey said.

As everyone got ready to get out of the bus, Cole turned to them to say, "Wait guys... I think you guys should know something before you go inside..and I think it'll only be fair to you all and Swayam probably wants you all to know this too..." they paused as he started telling them about what had happened.

Mr. Shekhawat had arrived in the hospital after eight hours itself and had been with the family waiting for his recovery. Once he heard Swayam was awake again he went in and comforted his son. After knowing from everyone about what had gone down, he made a few calls. After some time of persuasion Mrs. Shekhawat agreed to dinner and while Taani remained outside the ICU they came back after a short meal.

In this duration was when a beep was heard from Sharon's room. A nurse rushed in to find Sharon awake. Sanjeev went in shortly after the nurse called him.

"Pari..." He called her in the nickname he used to call her by.

"Sanju bhaiyya! Mein yahaan kaise aayi? Aap mujhe leke aaye yahan?" She asked innocently bringing her hands to rub her eyes.

"Uhm... kya tumhe kuch yaad nahi?" He walked beside her, taking her left hand to check the pulse and temperature.

"I think... Party se sabke chale jaane ke baad meine kuch zyaada pee li thi... Nurse bhi wahi bata rahi thi ki meri blood abhi clear hein.."

"Hmm...ugh Haan..." Sanjeev didn't know what to reply. But he kept on checking the monitor beside her and the IV drip that was injected to her hand.

"Siddu se kuch zyaada hi bol diya na meine... Bohot bura laga hoga use..." She closed her eyes in guilt..

"Pari, tum ab bhi woh party ke baare mein kyun soch rahi ho?" He caressed her face asking worriedly.

"Ab bhi matlab? Kal hi toh hua that na woh! Oh my god I totally forgot! I have to be in a photoshoot today. Woh meri phone kahaan hein? Shaayad ghar pe hoga... Bhaiyya meri phone la do na!"

"Let it be Sharon... Don't worry about it.. And I think you'll be shifted from ICU today." Her eyes widened hearing him say ICU.

"Lekin talli hone se mujhe ICU mein kyun daala gaya?" She asked.

"Tum itna socho mat aur abhi araam karo... Thodi der mein tujhe shift kar denge ye log. Aur Mom ko mat bataana ki tuh yahaan thi..."

"Oh fish! Mom ko pata nahi hein mein admit hoon??" Her eye widened yet again hearing to inform her mom.

"Nahi.. lekin mein bataane waala hoon...par yeh ICU ke baare mein nahi kahunga.." he said and walked out.

Sanjeev then talked to the doctor incharge there of Sharon and found she may get discharged the next day. Taani got to know from Sanjeev about Sharon acting normal. And so he asked her to check on his sister whether she actually didn't remember how she got here or whether she was lying about it.

"Sharon!" Taani called out softly as she entered the ward.

"Taani! Tum yahaan kaise?" She asked with a smile.

"Aapko dekhne aayi...aap theek ho na?" She asked trying to analyse Sharon's mood.

"Oh fo! Ithni bhi kuch hua nahi yaar! I mean peeke talli hogayi thi tere jaane ke baad. Aur phir kuch yaad si nahi aa rahi. Jab hosh aayi toh mein yahaan thi!" She shrugged. As Taani observed Sharon was acting convincingly normal.

"Toh kal jo hua..." Taani tried again to bring up the day before topic.

"Mujhe pata hein yaar, bohot bura hua... par ho gaya.. I was upset... Arre phone karna hein Siddu ko... Tumne theek kahi thi, meri chillaane ki kaaran kuch aur tha.."

"Ugh Sharon aap..." She got confused why Sharon was telling about the party that happened a week before.

"Kya hua?" Sharon asked but then remembering Taani was the sister of Swayam and also the fact that her being admitted in the hospital will draw him from anywhere she asked anxiously, "...God Taani please don't tell me ab Swayam baahar khada hein!!"

"Uhm.. Nahi.." Taani replied.

"Kya use pata hein ki mein yahaan hoon?!!" She asked again, still anxious to know the only guy she secretly wanted near her all the time knew about her condition or not.

"Ugh... Pata hein.." She replied.

"Oh.. fir bhi woh nahi aaya?!" Sharon's face fell. It was like she couldn't accept the news of Swayam knowingly not having visited her. But then a voice came up in her mind out of nowhere.

"...you don't know what I've done Sharon!.."

"Mera haalat aur kharaab tha! Hamesha tumhaari khayaal mein bechain raha, ab bhi..."

"...You understand this feeling now... that I've felt for years... 'Years' Sharon!!"

"Sharon.. Sharon! Kahaan kho gayi?" Even as Sharon smiled and nodded as if nothing she felt that she had missed out something.