Popping myself up, ready to dash for the elevators, August reached for my wrist, unwilling to let me go. "H-How are you going to abandon me after I specifically waited for you?" He gasped, "What are your knees made of? Steel?"

"Really? You waited for me?" My expression brightened, and I could hear the engines in my brain running. "Can you drop me off at the airport? Pretty please?"

Flinching, he straightened his back and stood at full height. "Nothing is free in life. I accept all methods of payment."

Rolling my eyes, I smirked cheekily. I leaned in, inches away and hummed. Then stepping away suddenly, I playfully pointed a finger, "Did you think I was going to kiss you or something?" Noticing his narrowed eyes, I added. "Don't get ahead of yourself. Stephen James definitely outranks you."

Sighing dreamingly, August frowned as though he had been insulted. Even Vogue had declared August Laurent as the most handsome bachelor. "Vogue doesn't think so," he muttered sourly, clearly affected. Clearing his throat, he slid behind me to carry my belongings. Although he tried to hide his cheeks, I definitely noticed the tint of pink. This shameless womanizer was blushing? Was it the end of the world?

Following him in-suite to the elevator, I pressed the first floor. "Why did you wait for me?"

"Because why would I let you ride on a crowded plane when I own a private jet?" What a life to be filthy rich. Though, he never fully answered my question. "I have my own private landing pad, so there's no need to stop by the airport. Do you want something to drink before we go?"

"Starbucks, please," I smiled excitedly. Does Starbucks even qualify as a rich-people beverage?

There was a chance I was thinking too hard. Walking alongside him was rather stressful, drawing more attention than I preferred. The envious and venerated stares followed, and it felt a bit unbearable. I hesitantly intertwined our arms, hoping for a reaction from him. I expected some sort of resistance or a scowl, but when I glanced up, August looked nonchalant.

Perhaps if I were any other air-headed girl, his charm was bound to have worked on me. This type of thing happened in movies and books only. But I knew better. August wasn't treating me sweetly out of the kindness of his heart. Everything he did, the flirtatious words and thoughtful actions, was all a game to him. And despite it, I was going to be sure to take full advantage of it.

Struggling to keep up with August's pace, I tugged at his sleeve, only to find me strode quicker. Once we arrived at the entrance of the academy, I caught my breath. Watching as the dark grey Maserati rounded the fountain to park, I blinked at how expensive it looked. When the driver exited, I recognized the man as August's personal valet. Following his stride down the steps, August opened the passenger door with a spare hand, ushering me inside. With a light slam of the door, he lifted my luggage into the trunk and then caught the keys from the valet. "I'm scared to know how many cars you really have," I broke out, admiring the beige leather interior. Fastening my seatbelt, I couldn't hide my excitement when I thought about how I could brag to Dionte. He was a fanatic about cars, and although I was clueless about them, boasting was fun.

"Four garages full," he replied, and I blinked in disbelief, gaping. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. The thought of how many zero's that was made my head hurt. "I'm aiming for six."

Four?! Do you drive a different car every day of the week?

"Of course. Who would want to be caught driving the same car twice in a row?" My jaw dropped, realizing I said my thoughts aloud. It never failed to amaze me. Noticing that we were parked in the lot, August handed me a card. Although I didn't plan on using it, I still flimsily took it.