TWELVE

panic. that was all hana felt when she read the article. just when things were going right, dispatch came to bite her in the ass.

it's been a week since the date. taehyung and hana hadn't been able to meet again with their schedules being busy, but they still texted each other daily.

so when her manager sent her a link to an article that exposed their date, hana was shocked and panicked.

dating was something that was not taken lightly in the kpop industry. crazed fans would feel lied to and betrayed, bosses would be angry, and the idol would be ruined. what a crazy world they lived in.

"okay, what's the plan?" hana said out loud.

there was a meeting being held with hana, the managers and other important staff members.

"we either confirm or deny. there are pros and cons with this we need to discuss. pros of confirming, you'll be able to be open about your relationship, some fans may feel better about you being able to be honest with them, some of taehyungs fans will support you as well. cons of confirming, some fans will feel betrayed and end up not supporting you, some of taehyungs fans will hate on you as well. pros of denying, no one will hate on anyone, both of your reputations will remain. cons of denying, you will have to lie to your fans which can be even worse if you ever get exposed again, you will have to hide your relationship." said the staff member.

hana sighed. this situation was complex. "well, i think i want to discuss this with taehyung first and then i'll get back to you. i'll tell our manager or something, but what do you suggest?"

"i suggest you just confirm it. no point in lying to your fans, and while you may get hate and lose fans, you'll end up with true fans that support you and whatever you do. it's like weeding out the toxic fans in a way."

hana hummed in agreement, "hm, didn't think about it like that. thanks for the input. i promise i'll get your answer by tomorrow, i just need to talk with tae first."

everyone said their goodbyes and hana went back to the dorm. her mind was a mess, but the only thing on her mind was to text and confront taehyung.

IMESSAGE: TAE

hana
hey tae
we have to talk
like asap

tae
im assuming you read the articles?

hana
yeah
my company just held a meeting
they said we can either confirm
or deny whatever it is we are
i told them id decide after
talking with you
so
what do you think?

tae
i want to confirm
i know it'll be hard
i know we will get hurt
but i don't want to lie
i like you a lot and
im not going to deny my
feelings for you
plus... in the future...
if we... get... marriedorsomething...
you know... yeah.

hana
ah... yeah... the future...
then our companies will
release a statement and
the world will know

tae
we're going to get shitted on

hana
is that even a word?
but i believe after like a month
everyone will be over it
plus there will be supporters!
i think

tae
we'll be okay.
no matter what anyone else
says, we are the ones
that know our relationship
and our own feelings.
not them.

hana
agreed.
good night tae.
we'll need the sleep.