|Arc 1| Chapter Seven.

Luke knee exactly who his mother was dating, but he didn't know he'd meet him so soon. He didn't even have all 100 of his questions ready yet but, he wanted to see how much the Dragneel wanted his mother.

"Take the hoodie off Luke it's the middle of summer." Says Nashi. Luke shrugs. "It gets cold at night. I can't believe your wearing shorts in this weather." "Yeah, it's summer." Answers Nashi crossing her arms.

They both refrained from talking to their mother on their walk. Nashi had already decided she'd stay on her phone the whole time to refrain from embarrassment and Luke was going to ask questions. She would, however, laugh.

As they arrived Nashi had decided to pop in her earbuds. She would fake listen to music till this was all over.

"Please, please, please, be on your best behaviour." Says Lucy as they walk through the doors.

Lucy sends a wave Natsu's way who smiles and once they make it to the table Natsu gives Lucy a hug, which lasted too long for Luke's liking.

"You must be Luke and Nashi, nice to meet you two." Says Natsu with a smile. Nashi, who was atleast respectable smiled at him while Luke blatantly ignored him.

"So, I heard you two both sing and play instruments. Your mom's even showed me some of your covers on the internet. You two are good." Says Natsu.

No response.

"Hm, shouldn't I be asking you the questions." Says Luke. Nashi snaps her head his way. "Hush it," she warns but and for once Luke is silent.

Actually, he was silent all the way up till their food came. And in the middle of their meal he decided to speak.

"What made you like mom?"

"Well her personality the most. She wasn't like most girls."

"I doubt that. What are you trying to use her for? Video material? Sex tapes?"

"What, no. I respect your mother, and I'd never do anything like that."

"Well then you must just want her for her body? Why would someone as rich as you like-"

"Luke, that's enough! Your being extremely rude for no reason!" Says Lucy, interrupting their conversation.

"Whatever," Says Luke standing up.

"Where are you going?" Asks Lucy about to get up when Nashi stopped her.

"I'll go after him. You two stay here." Says Nashi following her twin out the restaurant.

"Luke, what the hell's wrong with you?" Asks Nashi, running towards her twin. "What the hell's wrong with you? I don't don't know why you think this guy is such a nice person for mom, you've seen the things he's done. He's just gonna leave her heartbroken." Says Luke.

"You act like people can't change! Who says he's gonna just up and leave her? And if he does, then it wasn't meant to be but I think otherwise."

"You only think otherwise because your too lovesick."

Nashi rolls her eyes. "What are you so afraid of? Mom falling in love?" Asks Nashi.

"No...I-I...I'm afraid of...of getting attached to someone whose a father figure...but could up and leave at any moment." Says Luke and for the first time in forever Nashi sees her brother cry.

"Come here crybaby," says Nashi, pulling her brother into a hug. "Don't you think I'm scared of that too? I've never had a dad either...and if we don't give whoever our mom chooses a chance then we never will be. Give Natsu a chance? Please?" Asks Nashi, finding a few of her own tears falling.

"Fine."