"Class," the teacher began, "This is our new student. He will be with us for the rest of the year, so be sure to welcome him into our class!"

She then stared at Yoongi expectantly, probably wanting him to introduce himself to the class, but he could only stare back, eyes wide and frightened.

"This is my brother, Min Yoongi," Taehyung grinned, gently squeezing Yoongi's hand.

Yoongi sighed quietly in relief.

Then in a not so friendly voice, Taehyung added, "If you hurt him, you're dead."

The class laughed as the boy finished with a cute, boxy smile, "Thank you!" before letting go of Yoongi's hand and skipping to his usual seat in the front of the classroom.

Yoongi stood there silently, wondering what he should do next.

"Yoongi, go sit in that empty desk in the corner next to the windows, please," the teacher instructed, snapping the boy out of his thoughts.

He quietly made his way to the desk, sitting down as the teacher began to speak. He set his plushie into his lap, quickly zoning out and staring blankly at his desk. Undecipherable pencil marks littered the surface, and Yoongi was tempted to lay his head down onto the desk and take a nice, long nap.

He set his chin onto the cold, hard surface, staring at the back of the person sitting in front of him. The kid was wearing a bright purple shirt. Yoongi didn't particularly care for that color. It was too bright. He often liked soft colors, like the pastel yellow of the classroom walls.

He felt a poke on his left shoulder and turned, slightly startled.

A boy asked with a small smile, "Do you need a piece of paper? Mrs. Park told everyone to get one out."

Taehyung's backpack held all of Yoongi's supplies. Yoongi hadn't gotten a backpack yet, so he was meant to share supplies with Taehyung until the Kim's got him one. Unfortunately for him, the boy was at the front of the classroom and he was stuck in the back, with nothing but his plushie.

Yoongi nodded slowly. The boy grabbed two sheets of paper, one for himself and one for Yoongi, hesitating before handing Yoongi a pencil as well.

"Thanks," Yoongi mumbled before turning back to face the front, just waiting until class would finally be over.

<3

It was finally lunchtime, and Yoongi felt extremely relieved. If he had to sit in that desk for another minute, he would've died. His butt still felt numb from the hard seat and his eyes still felt a bit strange from almost dozing off in class.

He got up from the small desk, subtly stretching his limbs. As the other students filed out, Yoongi walked up to Taehyung to see him talking animatedly with another boy around his height.

"Yeah, I know! He thinks they're loud and gross, but really, hippos are such regal creatures! They're so underappreciated!"

Yoongi blinked in surprise before interrupting, "Tae, hippos are nowhere near regal."

"Yoongi!" Taehyung turned upon hearing the older's voice and smushed him into a hug, which Yoongi definitely didn't appreciate. Of course not.

"It's hyung to you," Yoongi grumbled within Taehyung's tight hold, trying to hide a smile.

"Hi, hyungie!" the boy behind Taehyung smiled. I haven't seen you in a long time!"

Yoongi rolled his eyes, allowing himself to smile, because how could he not?

"We saw each other yesterday, Jiminie."

"It's called sarcasm, hyung!"

"Whatever. I want food, let's go," Yoongi laughed, happy that he managed to land in Jimin's class.

"Pay attention to meee~" Taehyung whined, causing the other two to laugh. Yoongi linked his arm with Taehyung's as they walked to the lunchroom, sighing dramatically before saying, "How could someone possibly forget you, Taetae?"

<3

thanks for reading <3