Chapter 33

Your POV

After my brother left, we went to breakfast in the hotel lobby. Katsuki was being extremely quiet. I was used to his usual silence but this one was off-putting. If you asked anyone else, they'd tell you that he's the loudest guy they know, not to mention self centered and arrogant. Of course, that's everyone else. He doesn't let people through his invisible walls. They're tall and thick, just the way he wants to keep them. No matter how many times people have tried to infiltrate, he has never had anyone invade his quiet, barricaded city.

Except for me.

Maybe I demolished the tall structures he uses to hide the true, calmer, caring Katsuki from the world. Or maybe he willingly took them down, knowing that he couldn't rule over his silent city in perpetual isolation. Either way, he let me inside of his secluded world. He wanted me to be with him. He wanted me there.

At least I hope he did.

That doesn't mean he didn't build them back up again though. If you asked me how he is, I'd say he's a quiet guy. He keeps to himself. He's a bit short tempered and lacks patience but is still considerate and gentle. He's scared of being venerable because it'll ruin his image. He doesn't think he needs these emotions to survive and be successful. But he's wrong and I think he knows that. He knows that his dream- being the number one pro hero- is prestigious. He has so many boxes to check. And one of the if not the most important one is being afable. For that, you need people-skills and patience. He has neither and has no chance of obtaining them if he keeps his walls up. Or at least if he maintains them as tall and as wide as they presently are. He understands this but struggled to overcome his problems. I don't know if he yearns for freedom from this never-ending, lonely reign. I have no clue if he even wishes that he could just open up to those around him and for once be not only honest with others, but also himself. I'm not even sure if I'm right about him. Maybe he is an angry dude who just, likes me? There's no getting in his head. He's too unpredictable and hard to read. You'd think you'd know what a guy who looks angry 24/7 is thinking, right? No. It's so fucking wrong that it hurts. Even if he's dare I say "happy" or neutral, he looks at least just a bit mad. There's always s smidge of an angry undertone in his features.

But this. This is completely different. He was completely and utterly neutral. He looked completely fine which scared me.

Usually, if he's not talking, he's paying attention. He's looking at me. He plays with my hand. That Katsuki was warm. That was the Katsuki that let me in.

This blonde in front of me was cold and inattentive. Even when he wasn't on his phone, he was spaced out. He didn't talk unless talked to.

We spent the rest of the day sitting in our room on the plush white bed doing nothing.

My eyebrows drew together in frustration as I shut off the TV since I seemed to be the only one watching. I turned to the crimson eyed guy next to me and tapped his shoulder.

He turned his head to me and raised a blonde brow.

"What's up with you? Why are you being all weird and quiet?" I asked, a bit of anger slipping through my words.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

Was he actually playing dumb?

"Oh, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You've been acting strange ever since we got here. Always on ur phone or ignoring me."

"I'm not ignoring you!" He sat up straight, his entire body turned to me now.
I stood up quickly after. He did the same, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Yes you are!"

"It's not my fault the only way you think you're able to get my attention is by stroking my di-"