Chapter 23

Warning ⚠️
There is slight angst lol. I don't usually write angst but I need this development so the story can keep on moving. Hope you enjoy!
——————

(Y/n) POV

Saying that my day had been a letdown would be a complete understatement compared to how much of a disappointment it had been. We did absolutely nothing. I knew better than to think that we were about to fight some crazy villain like some sort of Shounen anime, but still, some kind of action would have been cool. All we really did was walk around the streets, doing nothing like idiots. On top of that, the other interns were being a bit..well..too warm and welcoming with me. And the only one I cared about was being colder than an ice burg. Katsuki was avoiding me like the black plegue and I wasn't appreciating it very much. By the end of the day, my heart had completely fallen from my chest into my stomach. I was disheartened. We were fine before, so what went wrong?

I was on my way to my room, which Nagisa had kindly pointed out earlier in the day. I was beginning to really warm up to the young woman.

She reminded me of someone who was important to me. She reminded me of someone I hadn't seen in such a long time.

The brown, wooden door was clearly labeled on the front.
'(l/n)(Y/n)'

I walked in, not even bothering to look at the space. I just plopped myself down on the edge of the bed which was now mine for the next 7 days of my life. I fell on it soon after, defeated.

How the fuck am I so tired? I didn't even do anything today.

I looked over at the digital clock seated on the short nightstand on my left hand side.

'6:55 P.M.'

I remained in my spot, shutting my eyes slowly.
Before I knew it, I had fallen into deep sleep.

————

"Mom? Where's dad?" I stared at my mom, holding my favorite stuffed animal.

"H-he's gone, honey." She mumbled, facing away from me. Even so, I could see the wetness running down her cheeks, dripping onto her lap.

"Where did he go?" I asked once again, puzzled. I walked closer, sitting myself down beside her.

"I-I don't know." She mumbled, wiping the tears from her (e/c) eyes. Her brown hair was a mess, put into a low-hanging ponytail.

"Will he come back?" I gripped onto my stuffed toy harder, masking the worry in my heart.

"I-I hope so." Is all she said before melting in my arms

"M-mom? MOM! MOM!"

——————

My eyes snapped open as I sat up quickly, hyperventilating.

"W-what the hell?"

I put my hand against my cheek, feeling the remains of salty tears clinging onto my skin. I wiped them quickly with my forearm, sniffling a bit.

"God, I'm such a fucking mess." I told myself, thinking out loud.

I made my way to the bathroom, staring at my red face in the mirror. My eyes were slightly red and swollen.

How much had I cried?

I walked toward the shower, switching it on. I stripped and hopped in, letting the wam water kiss my (s/c) skin. I began thinking about the dream I had just had.