Chapter 21: Plan

(A/N)

Hey guys, I think it is time for a Q&A because this story is almost reaching it's one year of existence. If there is anything that you want to ask me, please leave a comment (please question me because if there are only a few questions the Q&A might never happen).

I'll receive questions until July 27th.

And always, thank you for loving this fanfic!

It was a world of blue, nothing except the quiet whispers and faint apparitions floating by. And a figure in a long dark hood that had flames instead of a head was floating in the middle of it, his hands clasped as if he was praying to divine entities.

The figure was the Devourer of Souls.

His clasped hands were engulfed in dark smoke, splitting into many different directions like chains trying to hold multiple things together.

Suddenly, a red apparition started to form in front of him.

The Devourer of Souls stared at the red apparition when it started to become clear enough to make out what it was.

At first, the Devourer of Souls thought that it was the boy that he'd talked to yesterday. But soon, he noticed that the 'person' in front of him wasn't the boy.

This 'person' had red eyes, instead of green. And, he had multiple burn marks on his body, some burnt through the clothes that he was wearing, leaving behind holes that showed his burnt skin. And some burns were so severe that they showed the part of darkened bone underneath.

"The Devourer of Souls," the 'person' said mockingly, "it's nice to see you."

"Who are you?" the Devourer of Souls asked. "You look like the boy, but you're not him."

"Let's just say I'm his evil personality that is imprisoned in the deepest depths of his soul." His face contorted into an insanity-filled grin when he said that.

"Are you the entity that's trying to control this orb?"

"Yes," the entity answered. "How did you know?"

"Your burn marks," the Devourer of Souls said, "I recognize your burn marks. I was burned by the orb and the burn marks looked similar to yours."

The entity clapped tauntingly. "How clever."

"Why are you here, foolish boy?" The Devourer of Souls sounded annoyed. "And how did you know my name?"

"I heard you and Jeffric, the boy, talking," the entity answered, "I'm a part of him after all." Then, he crossed his arms. "And I'm here to make a deal with you."

"What deal?"

"You're the one who is detaining the power of this orb, right?" The entity looked around. "If you let me control this thing, I'll spare you."

The Devourer of Souls chuckled humorlessly. "Boy, I'm stuck in here. There is no way you can free me from this prison."

The entity broke into a peal of crazy laughter. "I already know that. I was just trying to trick you." Then, he stared directly at the Devourer of Souls. "I suppose that you're not foolish enough to be tricked."

"I'm smart enough to know that I should never make a deal with an entity like you."

"Well, pal, you just blew the easy way out of the window." The entity snickered. "I guess I should take control of this thing by force."