Prologue of Chapter 1

(A/N)

This chapter was written to 'celebrate' Valentine's Day (yeah, right). No, it's not a usual love story, but a story of being lonely. Yes, I wrote this story for people who doesn't have a girlfriend or a boyfriend. I know your pain, because I don't have a girlfriend. :'(

This takes place at Chapter 1, before and after Jeffric saw Ahri bathing.

Oh, and remember;

Couple: Hell

Single: Heaven

Ahri was lying on the grassy ground while staring up at the top branches of the trees. Sunlight was shining through the branches, but it didn't hurt her eyes thanks to the thick branches.

Countless times of trying to find her origin was now making her tired. She couldn't even find the man with soft-winged eyebrows who appeared in the memory of the treacherous fortuneteller named Hirin.

What was the point of searching for something when the thing that she was searching for seemed to not exist?

She stood up and gazed over the big blue lake that was shimmering in front of her in the light of the sun. Maybe she just needed a nice swim to make her depression go away. And, anyway, she'd found a clue that may lead to her origin, at yesterday afternoon. Wasn't that something to celebrate?

She'd taken off her clothes and laid them on a huge boulder when she heard something land on the grass-covered ground. She looked down and saw that it was the pair of matching golden gemstones. She picked it up and just stared at it for a moment.

It was the key to her mysterious origin shrouded in the veils. The key to her origin was in her hand, but she didn't know how to use it.

Suddenly, anger flared up inside her, and an urge to throw the pair of matching gemstones as far as possible grasped her. She forced herself to not to throw while gripping them tightly.

"Don't throw it away, Ahri," she told herself through clenched teeth, "it's a foolish thing to do. You're not a foolish child, you're a grown woman. Act like one!"

The urge dissipated, and she placed it under her clothes on the boulder before the urge could come back.

Then, she slowly walked into the lake while feeling the cool water touching her skin and, before she knew it, it was surrounding her body.

she swam to the middle of the big lake and just floated there, while she stared up at the clear-blue sky above.

Suddenly, two birds flew through the sky, chirping happily while chasing one another.

They suddenly reminded Ahri of her dead lover. Ahri just stared at them until they flew off while the feeling of loneliness and grief started to bloom from the depths of her heart.

Ahri used to frolic in lakes like this one with her dead lover while splashing each other with water. And in one of these lakes, she had killed him.

She still remembered it. Her despair and lust clashing each other while she held her lover in her arms. She could still remember her lover's eyes staring into hers, urging her to devour his life essence until he died.

Her loneliness and grief devoured her from the inside, as she started to sink into the lake.

Deeper and deeper she went, while her eyes were still staring up at the blue sky, now through the lake's water.

Maybe it would be much better for her to die now, bringing end to her misery and the unbearable pain. Maybe she could just drown here. And maybe, she could meet her lover once again in the afterlife.

Ahri closed her eyes as her back touched the bottom of the lake.

Maybe, just maybe, she could feel bliss.

Suddenly, she felt something touching her face.

She opened her eyes and gasped when she saw her dead lover touching her face with his fingers. He was smiling as he grabbed her by the hands, and he started to pull her up from the bottom.

She wriggled violently from shock and horror, but before she could open her mouth to ask a question, her face broke the surface of the lake. She gasped for breath while looking around wildly. But her dead lover was nowhere in sight.

Was it a dream? Was her loneliness taunting her by showing her a vision of her dead lover? She stopped looking around and just floated in the middle of the lake in confusion with only her head exposed to the air.

For a moment, she felt someone looking at her from behind. When she looked back, no one was there, but she strongly believed in her instinct and started to swim across the lake toward direction where she'd felt someone's gaze.

When she walked out of the lake, she noticed that the person who'd stared at her was near the boulder that she'd put her clothes on. She started to put on her clothes quickly to track the person down and saw to her horror that her pair of matching gemstones were gone!

Then, she saw that there were grasses that were trampled on by someone. She started to follow the visible track that the person who'd watched her left behind him or her.

At that moment, she didn't know that by following this person, her life would be changed forever. She didn't know that she would feel happiness once again and, more importantly, she didn't know that she would find true love.