Mom and Dad have been following us for the last hour with two moving trucks about ten minutes behind them.

I roll the dial, changing the radio station. There’s nothing on. We’ve already listened to the CD Derek has in the car and I left my iPod in my suitcase so we can’t listen to my play lists.

“We’ll be there soon.” I nod and we fall into silence again. Riding in a car for excessive periods of time has never been my thing. If it’s longer than a ten or fifteen minute drive then I start to get agitated and bounce up and down in my seat.

I turn my head towards the window and stare out it blankly. As much as I hate to admit it, Derek’s car is awesome. The leather seats are comfortable, the air conditioning nice- he isn’t one of those people who blast freezing cold air throughout the car -and the stereo system is nice. Too bad the drive is over three hours. There is nothing in this car that can entertain me for three hours.

“How about we play a game.” I glance at Derek through my sunglasses.

“What kind of game could we play? We’re stuck in the car.”

Derek raises an eyebrow at me.

“There are a lot of games we can play.” He winks at me and reaches across the consul to rub his hand over my thigh.

I slap it away and glare at him.

“Not happening.”

“I’m just playing. --How about I Spy?”

“I Spy!” I giggle. “What are we, six?”

“If you’re six then I’m seven!” He states poking his bottom lip in a sexy pout.

“Okay, you can be seven.” I laugh when he cheers in a little kid voice.

He holds it for a minute more before he chuckles. “I’ll go first.”

Derek glances around, looking outside the drivers window before he says;

“I Spy with my little eye something…. Black.”

I roll my eyes. This is too easy.

“Is it the road?” I state in a bored tone.

“Damn you’re good at this game. Usually no one can guess that.”

“Oh ya, I’m a pro at this, I play I Spy all the time.”

Derek laughs.

“I can tell.”

“Okay my turn.” I glance out the window. Tree? Too easy. Sky? Too easy. I smile. I know what will work.

“I Spy with my little eye something… white.”

I twist in my seat until I’m nearly facing Derek. I peek at him through my sunglasses. I watch as Derek rests a hand on the wheel and scans the scenery with calculating eyes. You’d think there was money on this with how hard he’s searching.

“Is is the sky?”

I pinch my lips together trying to conceal the laugh trying to escape.

“You do know the sky is blue right?”

“The clouds…” He drawls like that explains it.

“Then you should have said the clouds.”

“Is it the clouds?” Derek asks.

“Nope.” I state, popping the ‘p’.

Derek is silent for a moment before letting out a breath.