What does the universe have against me?

A/N: Don't forget to comment and vote.

Enjoy 💕

Rayne pov

"You have a new client at 4. You have to attend a meeting tomorrow at 2, and the boss wants to see you tomorrow as well." My assistant Nolle said. Handing me my tea.

"Thanks. Do you know what for?" Taking a sip of my drink  heading to my office.

"No, he didn't tell me anything."

Walking in I put the tea and the folders in my hand down.

Sitting in my chair, opening up my laptop. Getting to work, closing out my old case.

A 35-year-old woman was falsely accused of killing her husband. They charged her and sentenced her to 6 years in prison.

After they found out he had over 600,000 dollars left. They thought that she killed him to inherit the money.

So, after working weeks non stop. She was found innocent and let go.

No, I'm not the #1 lawyer, but I do my best to try and help. Being in New York was a big change for me.

I had to deal with the cold weather, that I wasn't used to. I had to deal with not having anyone cooking me food.

Although it was a change for me, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

It's been 4 years since I moved from home. Everyone was so busy doing their own thing that we barely had time to see each other.

Well, except for Sydney, that girl is actually at my house right now. I feel bad for Jason, she comes over a lot.

"Ms.Hemmings, you have a meeting in 10 minutes." Noelle says through the intercom.

"How is it you never gave me the file of the new client?" Packing some things up.

"You didn't receive anything. You'll get it during the meeting." Hearing some rustling in the background.

Walking out of my office with my things in my hand. Hearing the door close behind me.

"Come on Noelle. Time doesn't stop for me." Walking pass her desk, hearing her behind me. Walking into the conference room, where I meet my clients.

"Hello, my name is Ms.Hemmings." Heading towards the table, glancing over them.

"Hey, Rayne, a pleasure to see you. I see you grew some more curves than last time." Watching him lick his lips.

"I wish I could say the same." Taking off my jacket, hanging it on the back of the chair.

Sitting down beside me Noelle passes me the file of the client. Not surprised by what I see.

After reading over everything, closing the folder. Scooting my chair closer, folding my hands on top of the table.

"Well Jonas, it seems that you have been charged with different things." Looking at him watching him shrug his shoulder.

"It could be worse." He does know he can face over 10 plus years, right? But, it seems to me he doesn't care.

"Let me read you off your charges." Picking the paper up with it all listed.

"Assualt with a deadly weapon."

"Burglary"

"DUI"

"Drug Possession, which includes cocaine, meth, weed, ext."

"Disturbing the peace." Shaking his head saying no, I stopped.

"First of all, I wasn't disturbing the peace." Putting his hands around it.

"I was simply trying to have a calm fight. Ok, yes, I was yelling, cursing, shooting, but in the air. So, if I say so myself that is not true." Folding his arms over his chest. Acting like he did a great job of defending himself.

Rolling my eyes I continued "Kidnapping."

"He could've told me no."

"Shut up Jonas! This is not a joke, I'm not doing this with you. If you wanna act like this is a game, find someone else to help. I wasn't, finished reading your charges." Putting the papers back.

Shooting the chair from under the table, standing up grabbing my jacket. " I wish you luck, but I'm not helping you." Pushing the chair back in, walking out the door.

__________________________

After my long stressful day. I decided it would be best to call it a day. Pulling into my garage, grabbing my purse I head into the house.

Walking into the kitchen, putting my things on the counter. Wanting something to drink, I grabbed me some liquor.

Looking at the stove I see that the oven is on. Wondering what Sydney cooked I open it.

I see some Lasagna and garlic bread. Being greedy, I grab me one of the garlic bread. Taking a bite of the cheesy bread.

"Thank the lord." Doing a little happy dance. Going into the freezer I grab some corn on the cob. Deciding that it wouldn't hurt to have some.

Grabbing a pot, putting some water into it. Turing the stove on 4.

Waiting for it to get hot before dropping the corn in.

After I finished I headed into the living room. Sitting beside Sydney who's watching The Rain on Netflix.

"How was your day at work?" Glancing at me turning back towards the tv. "The same as always." Not really able to tell what I do at work.

"How was yours?" Eating the rest of my garlic bread.

"Great now that you're here." Sending me a wink. "But, it was good, decided to cook us something to eat." Taking her time to get off the couch.

"You're not going to help me? Wow, let the pregnant woman struggle." Yeah, she's pregnant, 5 months.

She's having a little boy named Kaden. I'm happy she's having my little baby.

"Is it ok for Jason to come?" She shouted from the kitchen.

"Yes, it's ok!" Screaming back. Seeing a plate of food in front of me. Grabbing it saying thanks. Going back in the kitchen to get us an Arizona.

"Are you excited about becoming a mom?" Feeling her sit down beside me.

"Yeah, but to be honest, I thought you were gonna get pregnant first." Turning to a different show, Marlon.

"Sorry to disappoint sis. But, I need to focus on my job before I have kids." Nodding her head telling me she understands.

"When's the last time you talked to Mrs.Lisa?" Confused, why should I be talking to Dante's mom.

"She's having a get to together. Wanted everyone to come, I think it would be good."

"Why would that be good. I haven't talked to her son in 4 or 5 years. Isn't he married to that girl, Alison?"

__________________________

A/N: I hoped you enjoyed don't forget to comment and vote. I decided to start updating more while I have the chance to.

Have a wonderful day❤️