Things Change

A/N: Hey, how's your summer been? Mine has been kinda crazy, but oh well. Decided to update seeing as it's the most exciting part of my day.

Enjoy

                                        Rayne pov

"Dante! Are you crazy?" Yelling at him, trying to get him to see the seriousness of his actions.

But, he does not care about what I am trying to stress to him. These days people don't play about killing people. People don't care who you are, they will come after you.

It's already bad enough I was worried he'll get caught for killing the first guy. But, now it seems as though he's been doing this? I just wonder, for how long ?

"Rayne, Rayne, Rayne," Making me shut up, wanting to hear what he had to say.

Getting off the bed he stands right in front of me. Standing so close that our chest is pressed together, I can feel him breathing. I can hear his every breath, his inhales and exhales.

LIfting his hand up, moving my hair from in front of my face. Making eye contact, looking at him seeing no emotions what so ever.

Cupping my face into his hands, leaning forward placing a kiss on my head. While his other hand is pressed against my back, taking this moment in.

Moving his lips from my head to leaving kisses along my neck.

Moving my head back so he could stop, realizing what I did, he gave me a puzzled look.

"Why you acting like that?" Grabbing my chin, moving my head back towards him. Rolling my eyes at him, shaking my head.

"Why am I acting like this? Why are you acting like this?" As I gesture to him.

"I'm trying to pour my heart out to you! Make you see that I can't lose you!" Did he not remember our conversation that day? I honestly didn't want to let him go.

Pushing his hands off of me, feeling tears go down my face. Wrapping my arms around myself, taking a step back from him.

"Why don't you care?" I whispered.

"I just don't care, I'm not the one dead." He said, laughing. Sitting down on the edge of the bed, as he focuses on me.

"Not now, right?" Getting frustrated wanting to pull my hair out.

Repeating his words in my head, I couldn't grasp it. I didn't want to believe that something seriously was wrong with him, and at that moment I should have said something.

But, I didn't and that would be the reason I am, where I am now.

"I came here to understand what's happening. That's the reason I'm here, but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. But, instead, you made me think that we would be better if we ended it." In some selfish way, I wanted him to tell me no. That he couldn't let me go, and we can make it work.

"I guess this is it, huh? Have a wonderful life." Giving me a nod, picking up his lighter before laying back down on his bed. Flicking it on and off not sparing me another glance, or another word.

Standing there in disbelief that he didn't say anything else. I wanted him to fight for us. To at-least explain to me what was going on.

With that, I walked out of his room, down the stairs and out of his life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A year later