s i x t y - f o u r

τнєяє ωαѕ οиє τнιиg that Jihoon had noticed the moment he entered the campus.

Everyone was looking at him.

He was used to attention, he had to admit. But having attracted everyone was not something that he's experienced before and never wanted to.

It was strange. Everyone were looking at him. They were watching his every move. They were watching his every step and it was scaring him. He couldn't even meet even a single eye out of fright and embarrassment.

"What's going on?" Jihoon murmured, looking over his Chinese friend, but he did not speak. He must have not heard him.

Jihoon paused.

Or maybe he's ignoring him? Now that he thinks about it, Mingyu and Minghao have been acting rather differently from the past day. It was as if they were avoiding him as much as possible.

Was there a rumor about him? Is it why everyone were looking at him? Is it why Mingyu and Minghao wouldn't even look him in the eye?

Jihoon was confused. And it was hurting his head already. He needed a distraction.

He needed Soonyoung.

Jihoon walked over to his locker and entered his lock before opening it and tried as best he could to hide his face.

"What the actual fuck is going on?" he hissed out, gritting his teeth in irritation as he seems to only attract more people the more he hides.

He was too distracted to hide to even notice someone creeping up behind him. "Hey."

He squeaked as he grabbed the first thing that's near him (a dictionary) in his locker and whacked it to the intruder who yelped in pain, holding his head.

"Wonwoo-hyung!" Mingyu shrieked before Jihoon could process what he's done and the taller boy was already at his soulmate's aid, holding his face into his hands, asking if he's alright or if there was anything else that hurt.

"Gyu, I'm fine. It's my fault anyway." Wonwoo patted his boyfriend's shoulder to reassure him, but it seems to be the opposite for Mingyu. He only pouted to the reply he's received, worry still evident on his face.

"Woo! Don't scare me like that!" Jihoon puffed his cheeks out as he lowered down his dictionary, looking apologetic and Wonwoo only chuckled.

"Sorry. By the way," Wonwoo opened his locker, which was three lockers away from Jihoon's and closed the metallic door before walking back in front of Jihoon and gave him an awkward grin.

"Belated happy birthday." Jihoon was surprised by the sudden statement and tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"Wasn't your birthday last Friday? I totally forgot." Wonwoo pulled his spectacles off his face before he rubbed his closed eyes, sighing.

"It must have been why you and Soon skipped the afternoon classes last week, didn't you?" Wonwoo slipped back his glasses and had a playful smirk on, which Jihoon blushed pink at and looked away. "The two of you celebrated without inviting or even telling us."

Wonwoo snickered as he finally made Jihoon flustered, trying to hide behind his hands out of being shy. Jihoon just groaned out as he placed back the dictionary he was still holding back to his locker and glanced over Wonwoo.

"Have you seen Soonyoung?"

Wonwoo blinked. "What?"

"Soonyoung. The slant eyes. Have you seen him this morning?" Jihoon noticed how Mingyu had tensed up beside his boyfriend and tried to look away from him. It was so obvious that he knew something about what he's saying. Wonwoo hummed.