e i g h t

мιиgнαο ωαѕ οиℓγ ѕєττιиg the table when the front door clicked and was swung open. A midget emerged from the other side and entered, closing the door and locking it.

"Hyung! Good timing! Mingyu just finished cooking dinner." Jihoon looked up groggily and sighed, slumping on the couch as he threw his backpack aside. He kicked off his shoes and took a pillow beside him, covering his face.

"Oh, no... bad mood!" Minghao glared over his tall friend before walking over Jihoon, sitting beside him.

"Hey... hyung?" he spoke slowly, putting a hand on Jihoon's shoulder who just shook it off. Minghao frowned and tried to pull the pillow away.

But Jihoon pulled away, whining at Minghao. He rested his back on the backrest, looking at the older. "Hyung, what is it now?" he said with his usual tone, eyes boring over Jihoon.

Jihoon stayed still, slowly pulling the pillow off his face. Minghao was greeted with a frowning face, eyebrows creased together and bottom lip bitten.

"He's an idiot..."

"Who?" Minghao scooted closer and pulled the pillow away entirely. This time, Jihoon let him and the boy slouched on his seat.

"Who else? Kwon stupid Soonyoung." Jihoon rolled his eyes and turned on his side, facing away his friend.

"Soonyoung-hyung? Oh, shit! What happened? Tell me what happened, hyung!" Mingyu was by their side instantly, holding Jihoon's hand and shaking it, his voice desperate.

Jihoon hissed and pulled his hand away, turning away from Mingyu and sighing in exasperation. Minghao tapped his foot on the floor and decided.

"How about we talk this over dinner? You go change while Mingyu and I do the rest for the meal." Jihoon thought about it and nodded, raising groggily and went to his room, turning on the light in the dim area and closing the door behind him.

When the click was heard, Minghao turned over Mingyu. "Clean up his mess."

"What? Why me?"

"Because I said so." Minghao stood up and walked to the dining table, pretending not to hear Mingyu's whines in the background.

★彡

ωнєи τнєγ ѕατ οи τнєιя ѕєατѕ, Jihoon was looking at the table in fascination. Minghao smiled.

"What's wrong, hyung?"

"Nothing... it's just... weird seeing everything not black and white." Mingyu beamed and took a bite on his meat. "Speaking of that, hyung!" he chewed, looking at Jihoon in excitement.

"I heard you had a problem with Soonyoungie-hyung." Jihoon's face went sour again and he cut his own meat noisily, piercing both young boys' ears by the clang, wincing.

"That fucktard is a piece of shit." Jihoon stabbed the sliced meat and chewed, his glare going everywhere. Minghao had his lips puckered out, looking at Mingyu and then back to his problematic hyung, smiling nicely.

"Why don't you tell us what's troubling you? We could help."

"Ha! Kwon Soonyoung is helpless." Jihoon snapped, hearing another noisy clang and stab of the meat. Minghao frowned. "Jihoon-hyung... please don't be stubborn. We're only trying to help here and you're making it difficult for us..." that has done it. Jihoon had stopped chewing and just stared at nowhere, gulping.

He sighed and slouched over his seat. "I'm sorry. It's just that... he really annoyed me beyond word tonight." Jihoon rolled his fork on the table, clearly upset. Minghao nodded, finally feeding himself.

"Tell us about it."

★彡

"∂αми... нє яєαℓℓγ ∂ι∂ γου so bad, hyung." Mingyu drank his glass of juice, wiping his mouth afterwards.

"I know. I called him an asshole."

Minghao nodded, taking in the information slowly and stood up. "You wash the dishes, hyung. I'll be in our room." Jihoon raised an eyebrow, looking as Minghao took all their plates and glasses and put them in the sink, walking away to go to his room.

It was odd. Whenever one of them had a problem, the other would usually give an advice. But right now, Minghao just walked away and left him wondering what was wrong.

When he turned to Mingyu, he just shrugged and stood up to follow Minghao to their room, leaving Jihoon alone on the dining table.

★彡

"нαο! ωнατ αяє γου ∂οιиg?" when Mingyu arrived to his destination, he was greeted with Minghao on the phone, pacing back and forth.

The other line answered. "Hello? Minghao?"

"What the fuck did you do to Jihoon-hyung?" the other line was quiet. A soft thump and Soonyoung was talking again. "He's upset, isn't he?"

"Fuck yeah, he is! Now, what did you do?" Minghao was tapping his foot on the floor, waiting for an answer. A sigh was heard and another thump, this time louder.

"He made Momo cry."

"Why?" Soonyoung tsked, humming. "I...I actually don't know."

"Yes, that's the problem. You don't know. Now, you confronted Jihoon and made him upset. Now it's two people upset because of you." Minghao was pointing the air as if he was actually talking to Soonyoung in real life.

"Wait... me?"

"You know what the problem is here? You didn't listen to Jihoon-hyung. You don't know his side of the story. You don't know why he made your ex upset. You don't know the whole story. You know what I'm talking about?" Minghao stopped pacing and placed a hand on his hip, waiting for a response.

A small yes was mumbled and Minghao was pacing again. "Jihoon-hyung was really irritating. He actually threw his bag and planned on ripping my pillow. My pillow."

Another utter silence. "I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't say sorry to me. Go to him." Mingyu was pressing his ear on the other side of the phone, listening. "Can you say sorry to him for me? Please."

"No can do, mister. You gotta man up and apologize to him yourself." Soonyoung hummed on the line. "Can I talk to him? Give him your phone, please?"

"He wouldn't like that, imma."

Soonyoung sighed. "When can I talk to him?"

"Knowing him? Probably never." Minghao ended the call and combed his hair back, smiling. Mingyu was grimacing at him.

"That was a little mean, Hao."

"I know. But do I even care?" Minghao tossed his phone on his head and sat, lying back. "But why'd you say that?"

"Say what?" he looked up at Mingyu who sat beside him, sinking the bed. "The Jihoon-hyung not talking to him again part. Why would you say that to him?"

"To test him."

"Test him? For what?" Minghao smirked. "If he really wants to get closer with hyung, he'll do something. But knowing him? He will."

★彡

so sorry, this is a rush! i didn't like how it turned out. shit.